Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slightly corrupted game file

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday when I was in middle of saving after a race or something, and I accidentally turned off my ps3. When I turn it back on, it says attempting to restore some file, but it was quite quick, about 3-5 minutes and it was finished.

But since then, about 1/3 of the time when I exit a race, ( the game will stuck on the GT Loading screen :() but the game file does save ( as GT5 automatically saves as soon as you finish a race), which is mean I wouldn't lose my progress.

So is there a way to "restore" my safe file? Could I corrupt it on purpose and use the full restore function or something like that to bring my save file back to normal? Technically I can still play GT5, but its just a bit annoying especially going from race to race..

Not sure if there is a restore option but what i would try is to back-up your game save onto a usb stick then delete the game and save files then reinsatll GT5. It would be a long winded fix what with updates and so forth but if the save file is loading ok then it sounds like it's not the problem.

Hope this helps.

Good luck