Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster Ferrari GT- learning curve

2 posts in this topic

I'm having problems with the Thrustmaster ferrari gt wheel, first the peddles wouldn't work when i had a memory stick in the usb slot and then i had issues getting the car too move at top speed, and too move at all from a dead start. I plugged the in again, turned on other reg. controller and it is working fine, although the brakes take getting used to.

just wondering if anybody else experienced such things. seemed fine when i was playing dirt3

the wheel seems to work if I plug it in prior too turning on the GT5. now I'm wondering what the learning curve is with wheels. I went from winning races against the computer to finishing 12th. i seem to be fighting the wheel alot. very easy to spin out.

the logitech wheel is on sale I'm contemplating it but not sure if I should give the thrustmaster more time.

good racing,

Goggles

@Goggles P. ~" now I'm wondering what the learning curve is with wheels. I went from winning races against the computer to finishing 12th." well man,it's probably just that you are used to using a standard controller,using a wheel is a whole new ballgame dude,just give it a little time,and I Guarantee after you get a few laps under your belt,you will NEVER go back to a standard Controller my friend!

i seem to be fighting the wheel a lot. very easy to spin out. ~perhaps you are not using "TC" {Traction Control} I do not use it either,what it comes down to [Mostly in high Hp/High Torque Cars] is "Throttle Control" you just cant Mash the Gas in a 700Hp,1100kg racing machine coming out of a corner..lol,you will spin that bad boy in a heartbeat man,for instance~cars like the "Ford GT Spec II Test Car" require a delicate touch,ease into the throttle,generally speaking,you want to treat most high power, lightweight racing machines like you would a Rattlesnake[in other words,No sudden moves,or you more than likely will be bitten :lol:]

the logitech wheel is on sale I'm contemplating it but not sure if I should give the thrustmaster more time~well..do not know what "Logitech" wheel you are referring to,however I own a "DFGT" & G27" and can vouch for just how GR8 they both are,when it comes to "GT5" I actually prefer the "DFGT" when driving "GT300/5OO" series cars & most other machines with "Sequential shifters"~but when it comes to F1 or good ole American Muscle I like using the "G27"[Real Paddle shifters & a Gated Shifter & Clutch]..but if I had to pick 1 Logitech wheel for "GT5" it would be the "DFGT"~[just wish they offered an upgraded peddle set]anyway ~give your thrustmaster another shot & hope everything works out my friend,cheers and gr8 racing.