Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech G27 pedal mod

11 posts in this topic

Could someone please steer me to a video where Shaun and Tom did an inexpensive(? $35? ) pedal mod to the Logitech G27 pedals? I remember seeing it...unless I'm dreaming..and I can't recall exactly when.

Must have been within the last 12months.

Anyway they added different springs? and or similar..I don't recall the specifics but it gave more resistance to the brake pedal and maybe more..

I did find a video where they did a more extensive mod for about $160 or so. But I also wanted to revisit the other simpler mod so I could compare and who was supplying the mod kit.

Its probably in plain sight...I'm just not searching well.

Thanks

Tom

I wonder little about the nixim. I recived mine yesterday and havent adept it yet to my g27,im going to wait i while beacuse the pedals are brand new,and i want to test dem first.

I wonder what function the rubber have,beacuse when i have the spring in my hand i can squeze it all together and the rubber inside are still not any pressure on?

am i a donkeyhead or :)

I wonder little about the nixim. I recived mine yesterday and havent adept it yet to my g27,im going to wait i while beacuse the pedals are brand new,and i want to test dem first.

I wonder what function the rubber have,beacuse when i have the spring in my hand i can squeze it all together and the rubber inside are still not any pressure on?

Test your pedals for a day or 2 and then add the nixim 2 mod and you will feel the difference right away.

The rubber bit is another level of stiffness after the spring has gone through its 2 stages but the spring is hard enought I rarely hit the rubber.

Just calibrate the pedals again when installed and push brake as hard as possible to get max stiffness so that when your in a race you dont lock up the brakes as easy!

But i still not understand how the rubber is gonna be touched beacuse it still is fri in the spring when i pusch the spring all to maxium so all the threads are against each other?

Is the rubber to short? :)

I dont doubt that it will work fine,but im just wondering :)

Here Dave recomend not to use the NIXIM rubber with consoles. How are you ps3-racers out there doing with it?

http://www.nixim.com/forums/showthread. ... al-Setup...

Console users may be disadvantaged here as they are generally limited in terms of software adjustments and pedal settings. In this respect you may be better off fitting the brake mod without the rubber buffer as this will give a smoother build up of resistance in the pedal and make it easier to acheive full travel of the pedal

But i still not understand how the rubber is gonna be touched beacuse it still is fri in the spring when i pusch the spring all to maxium so all the threads are against each other?

Is the rubber to short? :)

I dont doubt that it will work fine,but im just wondering :)

Hi Steff

The rubber is compressed by the two spring locating protusions inside of the the red telescopic spring housings.

If the rubber buffer was much longer the two protusions would cut into the rubber as they did with the first version of the NIXIM brake mod.

The rubber buffer is now much shorter than that in the original NIXIM mod in order to prevent this from happening.

The new two stage spring design in the version 2 mod does some of the work that the rubber buffer did in the original mod. This also gives the pedal a more progressive feel.

Hope this is a clear explanation.

Dave

I bought the Nixim spring pedal mod some time back...but never got around to the install. Put it in there last night and it's sooo much better-a more secure/controllable/stable feeling when braking. Should have done it sooner.

I bought the Nixim spring pedal mod some time back...but never got around to the install. Put it in there last night and it's sooo much better-a more secure/controllable/stable feeling when braking. Should have done it sooner.

I bet that you thought that because it is so cheap to buy it probably would not be as good as it is to use.

Whenever I use the Logi pedals I make sure it is a modded set, I find the car takes too much concentration to drive smoothly with stock pedals - but then I have got used to using the mod.

Dave

To explain the rubber function what I advise you do is when you get a chance, just push down on the brake pedal of a car, any car will do because they are all the same. You push in and you can feel that the disc isn't touching the pad then once it does you can feel it. Well in a nut shell that's what the rubber in the spring does, it creates the same feeling