Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARCA Sim Racing X-Patch

10 posts in this topic

We are very excited to be near release of the Chevy Silverado Truck for ASR in the X-Patch. The patch also includes completely retextured tracks, many new modeling updates at tracks, revamped tire model and updated UI screens as well as various tweaks throughout the software.

We are trying to redo the entire physics set for the ARCA chassis as well and depending on the load and the time to do so...we will put this out with the X-Patch. If we feel the truck is ready sooner and we dont want to delay it while we redo ARCA physics, we will go ahead with the release of the truck and other content and follow soon after with the 2012 ARCA suspension, aero, tire and chassis updates.

The Chevy Silverado is a laser scanned truck accurate to within a fraction of a millimeter of the RCR truck it was scanned from. Absolutely no changes have been made to the model in regard to original warp and body shape so it bears the identical look of the real truck. Physics have been built entirely off of RCR aero and suspension data and the end result is highly realistic on-track performance protocols. Default setups from RCR are provided for each track so getting up to speed is not an issue. With the exact gear restrictions for the series also included...finding additional speed is as it is in life...not found easily. Should provide great pack racing and is a lot of fun which is probably the most important factor.

As ASR was our first software title, our intent was to push the limits of physics design and we have done the same with the Chevy Silverado Truck and the same with the redo of ARCA physics. At the same time we have also worked to lift the quality of texturing and track design to come closer to what would be considered todays standards.

We will continue to filter new content, free of charge, into this version of software as we develop our second installment, which will consist of a wide array of new stock car content from asphalt to dirt as well as other content we enjoy racing. Our focus on these items will be the same as always....to provide the finest level of physics detail that we can provide, as well as to meet or exceed todays graphic standards for track modeling.

We will post more here at the forums in regard to release dates and such as we finalize the X Patch. Have a great weekend

When talent is applied to these templates, it's freaking unreal what is produced. And YES they drive better than they look!

Just a few pics of Jimmy Collins concept art for developer Nick Steelman's Octane Racing League truck!

**note model is still in beta WIP

401554_10150688516295021_64246450020_11512501_1054323148_n.jpg

404312_10150688516405021_64246450020_11512503_409511855_n.jpg

420512_10150688516510021_64246450020_11512504_1693793929_n.jpg

424856_10150688518100021_64246450020_11512511_2113881778_n.jpg

Brief X-Patch status:

- Spotter and Crew chief implementation is just about completed.

- All sounds have been revamped, sampled and updated.

- Due to licensing updates/additions, cockpit and exterior Truck and track graphics and modeling are being modified and updated to reflect all the new sponsorships.

- .Exe assembly is completed.

We will try to detail some of things more specifically soon. -zip

Laser Scanned CWTS Truck Body in CFD Wind Tunnel

Sample of Laser Scanned Truck body for the truck included in the X-Patch runnning in a CFD based wind tunnel. This was a quick aero sample. Full wind tunnel testing is done with the completed model including all tires, undercarriage, etc.

We use CFD applications as well as real life aero maps to better understand the drag, downforce and balance levels as well as the volitility of the air over the greenhouse as well as behind and around the truck. We also can monitor draft distances and overall strength of air as well as where the draft pickup would be the strongest for a trailing vehicle.

Wind Tunnel Test Speed: 187 mph

Been more than 3 years since I uninstalled this...has any attention been given to improving the AI?

As i recall most leagues gave up on this title for 3 big reasons.

1. Frequent connection loss and other related issues with servers during MP

2. Rules and car orders always messed up during yellows

3. AI was so poorly done it simply couldn't be used for actual races either offline or online.

Personally I have been waiting to race against very competitive (yet well behaved) AI in both offline and online scenarios in this game, but back then you guys had zero interest in vesting more time on this aspect of the game so I'm really curious to know if your stance has changed at all regarding this?

Thanks for any info

I am a new user to ARCA Sim Racing and am enjoying the software thank you I really look forward to the patch and all that it brings. I am very much a supporter of small development teams and wish these guys all the best. The Future is looking bright on many horizons.

Cheers