Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I SUCK TUNING !

5 posts in this topic

OK I need help tuning I am really bad. I'm trying to tune a F class car don't laugh here it goes a chevy Spark TEE HEE ! I know, I know a what .... yes a chevy spark . Anyway I 'm not sure whats more important to start with . Once I enter a race I get blown away even with the other racers having the same car , I always end up in last place or second to last because the last place racer quits. So if someone can help me with some tuning tips that would be cool. Also how to set up the gears. I have tried installing sport parts , racing parts and so on . I have no clue !

Understanding where they blown you away would help. Are they able to get on the power sooner? Enter corners much faster? Able to hold their line and apply power where you can't?

Setups are different from driving style to driving style. Do you get on to the throttle smoothly, or do you treat it as an on/off switch? Do you take slow in / fast out smooth racing lines or do you go in hot?

I'm not very good at tuning cars either. But the nice thing with Forza is that you can download tuning setups for your car and they're either free or available for come cr. Only thing is that most are locked so you can't really fine tune them. I'd try running a few of those and see how you fair. Otherwise, research research research and test test test.

I have used the forza4 tuning calculator and it is pretty good... go and check it out at the forza forums.

what would be cool if some exsperinced tuners out there could get together and come up with a step by step guide showing the methodoligy... both for finding good base tunes and them track setup tips... how you would go about setting up for differnt tracks. most stuff I find out there are car specific or game specific... but not general guides to good tuning that can be used across games.