Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Showdown - Interview and first look

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

So it looks like our show it taking a beating on this episode on our You Tube likes and Dislikes. . You think it's because of the content, or the production value ?

It's no sim, thats for sure, but looks like a lot of fun. What do you guys think?

Also, what do you think about us creating a separate channel for games like this?

Hope you enjoy the show..

I think it looks like an interesting game. Wish they were focusing on Dirt 4 instead of putting this out, but if this sort of game keeps them in business, who am I to complain?

I thought Shaun's interview was good, but I was disappointed by the lack of video footage from the game itself. It was maybe one minute of footage looped endlessly. I don't know if that is all you captured or if that was a restriction placed on you, but I would have liked to have seen more in-game footage. I eventually stopped watching the video and just listened after a while.

Although there is alot of sim stuff happening at the moment with RF2, AC, GTR3 and ofcourse Quarterly iRacing builds, i think you guys are doing an awesome job with pumping out episodes and never get stuck in repeating stuff. If you where to base solely on the Sim stuff, then in lesser times you might not have alot to talk about game wise. The current setup with giving it its own video and mentioning it in the This Week's is perfect. (IMO ofcourse) I love Simracing games, but sometimes its fun to relax and do something which requires less focus. And for that, i still love "arcade" Racing games.

So i would just keep it in your channel, but use the This Weeks as sort of a "die hard" Simracing show, with mentions to videos like these, so that people who watch it can decide for themselves to look at the video, and people who are only there for the hardcore sim stuff enjoy the full 20/30 mins of stuff dedicated to simracing.

You'll always have negative comments, most certainly in this time with so many simracing games at the horizon, people need and are eager for more news, if you dont give it to them they will almost lynch you :P

I think some people forget that with doing this featurette style thing for a smaller/arcadier game from Codemasters, you guys will gain more points with them (codemasters) and might end up being the first to present the next Dirt game which might be a true rival for RBR, you never know ;)

I think this game will have his place in the racing scene. From time to time I need to play some more arcady style in order not to lose interest and focus... ARC, Dirt, etc are all part of that...

Focussing solely on the die-hard sim racers really limits public. Don't forget that a lot of sim racers start out with arcade games (look at the old Outrun games, who hasn't play these decades ago :D ) and move towards the more realistic games....

We should never forget, how good these realistic games are made, it's just a game :D

You guys earn a thumbs up, show after show!

I am very glad of these tests of games because now i dont need to buy this game :) .

I really really hope that Codemeaster can to a better Dirt 4 then no3.I want to get the road feeling back :)

Great work Shaun :)

Hey Darin~well my friend,you and Shaun have been doing "ISR" Long enough to know there are always going to be some Negative feedback when you do an episode featuring a title that is pure Arcade,or even those titles that are "Hybrids" & mix "Sim" W/Arcade elements..and I am sure you are totally aware of the fact that you cant keep everyone happy,there are always going to be those select few Individuals that will give you Crap for covering ANY title that is not 100 percent "SIM",..Personally~ I myself love all types of racing titles,and Very much look forward to what you and Shaun think about them & respect your opinions a gr8 deal,[even though I may not always agree with them..hehe :lol:] also NO!I would NOT want to see a separate channel for the more "Arcade" & "Hybrid" Titles,you guys have a gr8 format the way it is,and I enjoy "ISR" Because of the broad range of titles you cover,..put it this way guys,I love pepperoni Pizza,but Not Every Night!..lol,and as much as I love a pure "SIM" I also dig "Arcade" & "Hybrid" racers also,sometimes it's nice to throw real world physics & Handling out the window,in exchange for pure FUN Factor ya know?and it's always interesting to see what you guys think about these types of racers~games like the "Motorstorm series",the hit and miss "NFS Franchise" & the "Burnout" Games gives me a nice break from the more serious "Sim" based titles,& and make for a nice balance between realistic racing & Arcade racing,in other words "It's ALL Good fellas"~you guys do a kickass job man,and I for one thank you for covering ALL types of racers,[dont change a thing ;)] cheers and gr8 racing!

The problem is not only the Arcade VS more realistic Sims, it's also the Consoles VS the PC.

Trying to find a happy balance here in all areas is a challenge at best and I think the ISR crew is doing pretty good to try and cover everything. The Consoles each have their as close to Real Sim as possible in GT5 and Forza 4 but from my understanding, they are still a ways from being anything like Race07, rFactor and so on.

It's a matter of covering the wide spectrum of titles on all platforms not to mention all the hardware that keeps coming out, I remember a few short years ago, the Playseat was the only widely available cockpit available, now there are countless choices, this is good, but try keeping up to it all, same goes with wheels, pedals, button boxes, external displays (tachs, speedometers, etc) not to mention newer PC hardware, triple screen setups, 3D screen and video card combinations. As you can see, all this can be somewhat overwhelming but the ISR crew manage to keep us all informed best they can about ALL this stuff, they do it very well, entertaining, informative, intelligent and personally, I love their policy of not doing a full review until they've actually put enough time to do a FULL review unlike so many other sites that put out reviews after they've had the subject of that review for a few hours thus a biased or incomplete review.

Personally, I would like to see some of the content from the old shows (SRT) come back, stuff like educational material, setting up cars (camber, castor, tire air pressures and how it all affects the way a car handles), Race07 and rFactor new mods, Car of the week, tips and trick to dial in a wheel to certain Sims and so on.

Keep up the great work ISR :)

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<