Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A general question

6 posts in this topic

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a question to ask you. I have never purchased a racing wheel and haven't played many racing games, but recently I have been wanting to get into them. So since the holidays are soon here, I have been trying to find the right gift for myself. I have been looking at a lot of racing wheels and pedals, but there is so much to choose from and they all seem to be good. So the question is what are the best wheels and pedals that about $200 or less can buy? My follow up question is what are the best racing games and sims that should I purchase to go along with the wheel? I am a console guy at heart as I have an Xbox 360 as well as a PS3 and of course a PC.

Thank you for your time and happy holidays

i'd go with the logitec gt wheel, it won part of the shootout, i own a older one and it still works great, i paid $300 bucks when it first came out and now its around $100 buck, the best game to date is forza3 for $65 new, gran turismo5 prolouge is great for the price of $30 bucks or less new or used but i would wait 3 more months and get gran turismo5 witch i think will be the top of the heap. i'm a huge gran turismo fan, they both have there strong points, both great games. i'm looking foward to nascar racing in gran turismo5.

your right, my bad, thats a good idea because my logitec wheel works great on the granturismo5 prolouge out now. its going to be a long 3 mounths for you, but dirt2 works great on it too, i think mine is quieter then the new g27.

I'd say look on Amazon...sometimes they have good "like new" used wheels for a good price (that's how I got my Momo for the PC.) Also, sometimes you can catch a deal at Gamespot or Best Buy.