Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How the hell do I get rid of the steering wheel in GT5?

8 posts in this topic

I have my screens set up perfectly now, right size, surround, I can see the speedo and tach right through my CSR elite on almost every car. Its almost perfect one to one of a real cockpit.

Buuuuuut, I can't get rid of the on screen steering wheel. I thought this could be done.

Also, I thought you could use the head tracking in career already. GT5 would be perfect if I could get these two things done. Is this possible?

Having the same issues with GT5...

In fact, I rediscovered GT5 a month ago; had it before (on release date), but did not really like it then.

But after all the patches I thought to give it a try, bought it back again, and it is now one of my favorite racing games... Except for the 2 things you mentioned here; I also would like to get rid of the wheel in cockpit view (it is completely stupid to see a wheel with hands in front of me al the time), and by now I also would think that the headtracking was improved to be working in carreer mode too. But it is not; tried it out yesterday; arcade mode - and that's it.

Still hoping (soon!) for a patch that fix this...

Hey I have set the settings in my three screens now the wheel is almost invisible and a one to one with your own wheel so when you're turning your hands actually block the CPU hands. When I get home tonight I'll post the settings so you can use them.

best you can do at the moment is narrow the cockpit view

You can do that but the only problem is that you are left with tunnel vision with almost no peripheral vision to see who is coming up on your inside.