Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bodin load cell mod

367 posts in this topic

Hi John

I love the look of your load cell mod. i was going to try build one myself but as i have just got the set i didn't want to open up the unit under warranty.

Anyway can you tell me how much it will be posted to Scotland? (when it becomes available again)

also as this worked with the ps3 will it also work with the ps4? 

cheers again

Hi John

I love the look of your load cell mod. i was going to try build one myself but as i have just got the set i didn't want to open up the unit under warranty.

Anyway can you tell me how much it will be posted to Scotland? (when it becomes available again)

also as this worked with the ps3 will it also work with the ps4? 

cheers again

Yes, shipping to Scotland is no problem -- lots of customers in the UK, Europe, and Australia, so international shipping is certainly do-able. 

B)

None released since January -- I got a shipment of 20kg load cells by accident, so I'll be building-up and selling a small batch of 20kg load cells (the "stock" unit features a 35kg load cell).  The 20kg load cell feels like the 35kg unit, but it takes a little less pressure to get full braking.  Seems easier to me to modulate, in fact.

Drop me a PM if you'd be interested in one of the 20kg units, BigFattee (feels odd calling someone that -- kind of like I should apologize or something!  ;) ).

Jonathan -- I've got 5 "lightweight" (15kg) units on my workbench now awaiting assembly.  This is going to be a limited, special run -- the 15kg units are well-suited for folks who don't have their pedals hard-mounted in a cockpit, or for folks who prefer a slightly lighter touch.  I find that the 15kg units (versus my standard 35kg units) are a bit easier to modulate, and it's a bit more linear through full (max) braking (e.g., you have to press pretty hard with the 35kg units to get 100% braking).

FWIW, 35kg ~ 75lbs, and 15kg ~ 33lbs.

I will only be producing about 10 of these lightweight units, and after that I'll be going back to my "standard" 35kg units.

Hope to have the first of the new "lightweights" available early next week.

FWIW, if anybody else is interested in one of the 15kg load cell mods, drop me a PM.  They will be the same price as the standard 35kg units ($149.99 plus shipping) -- I didn't get any kind of a price break on the 15kg load cells, they cost the same as the 35kg units, but I ended up stuck with the incorrect shipment and now I've got to sell off about 10 of the 15kg units before I can place an re-order for the "correct" 35kg units.

Thanks for this, 

I am currently using the Conical Brake Mod, Hardmounted T3PA Pro set on a Pagnian Imports next level wheel stand. With this in mind and your information what would you suggest to be the best brake load cell for my pedals?

I would really like to add the final true progressive feel and really start maximizing my equipment to the best potential set up I have at my disposal for Project Cars & F1 2015.

You have my email if we can discuss this further John from previous emails but I am interested for my T3PA Pro set.

JA

If your using a wheel stand Jonathan, you might be better off with the 15kg load cell. I've had Jon's 35kg load cell on my T500 pedals for 3 years or so now and it still requires a little leg muscle to hit full lock on the brakes. I have the T500 pedals hard mounted to a Obutto R3volution.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Just wanted to toss-out a heads-up: 

I am having supplier issues with the 35kg load cells that I use in the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod for the T500 and T3PA-Pro pedals, and it looks as though my current source is either going to dry up, or they're going to end up costing me more and I may have to increase the cost if that happens. 

Since I really don't want to go with a price increase, I'm looking to switch over to a different supplier with a lower-cost load cell, and if I do that, then I'll be discontinuing the 35kg BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod and re-releasing it as the BLC-T500-V2 Load Cell Mod, with a new price tag that should be about $10 cheaper than the current price (I'm looking at $139.95 for the new V2 version, versus $149.95 for the current 35kg "V1" version), so hopefully this will help bring a load cell into your price range for the T3PA-Pros. 

The load cell I'm using in my V2 prototypes (which are currently undergoing evaluation and testing) is a 20kg load cell, which will be a bit stiffer than the special "lightweight" 15kg BLC-T500 units that I produced in small quantities -- I'm using a different coupler/bumper with the 20kg load cell, so the overall feel is almost identical to the current 35kg BLC-T500, whereas the "lightweight" 15kg units were significantly more sensitive.  Overall, I am hard-pressed to tell the difference between the V2 unit and the original 35kg units, which is good.

This means the V2 will offer almost identical performance to the current BLC-T500, but at a lower cost to the customer.

I'll keep you all posted on how the testing and evaluation on the V2 unit goes, but it all goes well the first V2 units may be available within a few weeks (and I should have a VERY small quantity of the 35kg BLC-T500 Load Cell Mods available within the week -- these will most likely be the last of my 35kg stock, unless anything negative comes out of the V2 testing/evaluation).