Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dedicated monitor for rear-view?

6 posts in this topic

Hi -

I have a racing sim that has a 32" LCD. I have a 7" LCD that I was hoping to maybe mount next to the steering wheel and have it display a permanent rear-view of the race while I'm racing. Is this possible? Can you have dual view modes in Dirt 3?

A close friend of mine said they only way I could do this would be to hook up the 7" monitor to a second computer, sign onto live and spectate myself in a race and the set the view to the rear. I'm sure this would work but a couple problems with it. First, I don't want to buy a second computer and also it seems the rear-view option is not available when your a spectator viewing an online race.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

This is just a test, but I managed to make this work with Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends today.

If there is enough interest (and funding?) I could develop it further for more titles and release it.

As for its usefulness, I like it!  It frees up space on the main screens and feels natural.  The video is a bit choppy due to my phone.

If you can make this work you need to mount the rear view monitor behind you and take the rear view mirror from a car and mount it above your center monitor and use it to see the rear view. That has always been a dream of mine.

This is just a test, but I managed to make this work with Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends today.

If there is enough interest (and funding?) I could develop it further for more titles and release it.

As for its usefulness, I like it!  It frees up space on the main screens and feels natural.  The video is a bit choppy due to my phone.

Is this on PC? and using the same PC as the main game?

This would be awesome for other racers. I've been looking for options for ages after the awesome rear view option in Forza games. I used to run a rear view mirror shaped 7" LCD for Forza and it looked great and was very useful.

I'm very interested if this :)