Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACR Beta test ?

14 posts in this topic

Does the beta have FFB? I use a DFP but get no FFB and can't see any option for it.

Also should the steering feel light? It seems like i can't do small left/right movements especially near the end of Spa because a few times i've tired to go and stay left before i break for 2nd to last corner that right left turn but the car (Mini cooper) has ended up veering off track a few times.

I've been active since 2 days (CooMa2007). They still have some work to do: collisions are all or nothing (there is no such thing as a small crash :D ). Visually attractive, good deal of cars already. Good system for upgrading (experience and in-game cash). The outcome of car upgrades are sometimes unpredictable. Brakings is very hard... Car handling is very arcade :P but that adds to the fun. FFB is already working, have been driving with my T500RS. But not able to use my TH8RS so far (2nd controller).

Through the online chat, there is great follow-up for problems! It is perfect for some quick fun, with the possibilities of upgrading and 'pimping' the car... I've really enjoyed it so far...

I put some time in over the weekend. I think it is quite fun. Still using the first car, 42% upgraded. I am wondering if they are going to allow for actual tuning or just buying upgrades. The upgrades are noticeable, but the lack of specific tuning seems like an oversight.

To anyone starting out, I would suggest running a time trial of 15 laps or so and then buying the racing slick tires right off the bat. They are probably a little too sticky, but I find the handling to be fun - definitely in the Forza mold. You have to pay attention to what you are doing, but ACR is not brutal if you make small mistakes.

I was able to get my GT3rs V2, TH8 RS, and Clubsport Pedals all to work connected via separate USB cables, but had to trouble shoot the pedals for a bit. A bit more instruction on how to get the controls set up would be nice. As far as I can tell, there is no option for a clutch pedal with H-pattern shifting, which seems odd. I set the clutch to be neutral, but there is no penalty for shifting without it.

The FFB leaves a lot to be desired atm. Lots of center spring, not a lot of feedback from the tires, and almost no environmental effects (rumble strips, etc.).

The visuals are nice, though the HDR is too high contrast for my tastes. I'm running everything on ultra at 1920x1200 60fps with 8x MSAA, but the graphics are still a little jaggy. There is some track side object pop-in too.

For a beta, I think it shows a lot of promise. I haven't looked into the micro-transaction portion of the game, but if there is no competetive advantage given to players who spend their money instead of time, I don't have a problem with it. I could definitely see myself playing a lot more of this when I want to race in a slightly less stressful sim. Kind of like choosing to play Dirt 3 over RBR when you don't have the patience for the punishment that more exacting sims dish out :)