Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with Shift 2 G27 wheel settings please

6 posts in this topic

Trying to give this game another shot, but I can't get the wheel right. The cars are always all over the road at ridiculously low speeds. Nothing at all like any other racing games I usually play. I've tried a ton of settings but can't get it right.

Can anyone check their settings in the game and on the wheel and let me know what works out? This is just uncontrollable for some reason. I've also tried turning off letting the game adjust settings but it just seems even worse then.

I've tried 0 deadzone on wheel and pedals, but seems to make the oscillation worse.

11-3-2011-121052AM.jpg

11-3-2011-120926AM.jpg

hehe,well "Defcon won" ~"NFS SHIFT 2" is the single most frustrating racer I have ever had the misfortune of playing,on one hand it is absolutely awesome,the cars look and sound gr8,the graphics are beyond stellar,the tracks are top notch,hell,even the menus look great...there is just one small problem,

the Cars handle like pure Crap!..to be fair there are a few select cars that drive halfway decent,[the "GTR's" for instance] but for the most part this title is filled with gr8 looking cars that drive like you are racing on a frozen lake bed,or worse,they constantly drift from side to side,and dog walk down the track.forcing you to keep making small steering corrections until the inevitable pendulum effect causes you to wreck,..whats really frustrating is the fact that "NFS SHIFT 2" could have been amazing,and had the potential to be perhaps the best "Arcade/Sim" hybrid out there,but instead,what we end up with is a fantastic looking "mess" of a racer,thats all "show" and no go,and it really is just a shame,and no excuse whatsoever that the "Dev's" at "NFS" Released this title with such abysmal car handling and piss poor physics,especially when they claimed they had fixed all the problems,bugs,and glitches that the original "SHIFT" suffered from,and told us that "SHIFT 2" would have tight and precise handling with all major manufactures wheels.."Horse Hockey"! "SHIFT 2" is far worse than "SHIFT" as far as physics go :x ,and because of this~it sits on my shelf collecting dust,and looks to be ending up as a 60 dollar "Beer Coaster"! arggggggg! ~yet "NFS Hot Pursuit" a 100 percent "ARCADE" racer with no real world physics at all,drives perfect! the cars feel tight and handle top notch,and maybe thats the problem,maybe "NFS" should stick to 100 percent "ARCADE" racers and leave the "sim/arcade" hybrids to the folks who know what the hell they are doing!["PD/GT5"/CM DIRT/2/3/]cheers;)

Well, misery loves company. At least it's not just me. LOL

I love the first game, even if it's not a real sim, modded it's fun and it's got the best sensation of speed and connection to the road. Runs like a dream and looks better than anything else. I got this one at release and have had nothing but frustration. It's nowhere near as good looking as the first, runs like crap...but I love the car list. Wish I could make use of it.

Shift 2 is the main reason I'm withholding interest in that CARS project. If this wasn't done right, then how is a full sim going to be?

I've tried several mods from nogrip, and it's a bit better, but still not good enough to play it over Race 07, Shift 1 and Forza 4.

I'm still interested in wheel settings if anyone cares to share.

I have a Thrustmaster F430 Wheel and have the same problem with Shift 1. In a straight line and keeping the wheel perfectly straight a real car would go in a straight line but this just game has other ideas about that. It pulls keepings pulling left then right and each time it does the amount the wheel turns gets more as if it's trying to auto correct with opposite lock. Have tried changing dead zone settings which helped (only a little) but this then means to turn corners I have to move the wheel much more than would be realistic. I have tried the wheel with F1 2011 & live for speed and they both are superb. What it wrong with EA? It seems that as soon as you buy their game they are happy and if it doesn't work, that's your tough luck. Stupid thing is I still keep buying their games in the hope that they have finally listened to us and got the sorted out. Another thing with all EA games is the fact that the menu systems are all so slow running. I mean you select an option in the menu then you have to wait what seems an age before you can do anything else with it. Why are they so slow? If I click restart race then you get the option to cancel that decision or click ok it takes over a second before you can move from the default selection of cancel to ok.