Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Formula One 2011 by Codemasters Review

36 posts in this topic

Our long awaited review of F1 2011 by Codemasters. This review comes not after just a quick feel for the game, but after playing the career mode and looking for every last new and old detail of the game. F1 2010 was only a year ago and a worthy game that did leave much of the community wanting for more. In this review you find out if Codemasters went the extra mile and gave sim racers what they wanted out of the most prestigious name in all of racing. We try the game out on the ps3 the Xbox and the PC.

Nice review.

I hope they fix this game, 2 times second year in career mode and the saves got corrupt...

The first time i was in the last GP of the second season... :cry:

Today i started a new season again, lets see how far i can go...

Don't you guys miss the pit request and speed limiter?

At least in the pc version they could leave it, i've read they take it out cause console buttons limitation.

I hope you guys next time think about the europeans and the rest of world for the contests.

Great review.

The diference in the PS3 version and the PC and XBOX 360, is the Graphical library.

PC and XBOX uses the Direct X library, which it is much easier to program than the library that is in the PS3 which is Open GL.

I know that because I am a informatic engineer and i'd programed on both.

Another fact that I would like to give my congratulations is on how Shaun and Darin defend the I.A. on these games, because it is very slow in terms of performance(I.A. program would take a lot of time do decide what is the best action to a driver do) to an I.A. driver to what is always the best option.

I want this game, but with all the graphical issues of the PS3 version, i won´t buy it :(

PS: I'm sad, because i wanted that model car, but i´m from europe and I can´t participate. :cry:

I was a little amused that the PC version was the pick in this review when the xbox version has none of the wheel lag or lock up bugs present in the PC version. I think it's a fantastic game on xbox and the AI is far superior to Forza 4, although they do brake a little too early. It's amazing that weather effects were added and look so fantastic, and the feedback is just spot on. I would have said it's halfway between iRacing and Forza in terms of sim worthiness. iRacing and F1 fans should definitely check it out.

I found it to be incredibly difficult to play. I'm playing on medium and hard is just too hard for my current skill set. You really need to be well versed with racing games or this game is too brutally hard, and even then the strategy required to maintain tires, fuel and remain consistent in the full length races is both daunting and exhilarating. I think it captures the sport quite well.

The thing the review didn't hammer out was the whole "living the life" addition. The canned questions and answers and the uncustomisable, generic, white, blue eyed driver, coupled with the repetitive animation sequences (look great in a review, not so much after your 2nd season) were incredibly boring. Even the home space was just irritating to navigate and added nothing to the game. I know they only had a year but I wish they just cut the whole thing out of the game along with the terribly generic music.

I think they messed up the career mode a bit imo. They had the opportunity to build on what was a great career mode in 2010, making it longer, Helmet designer ect but they didn't. It was static at 5 years which is too short for me and they stuck with that stupid reputation system from 2010. Its failed second year on the bounce for me which made me want to get rid of this at first but Ive held onto it just in case they change anything.

My guess is 1.25.500, I don't know much about Terry, it would have been easier to try estimating Darin's, Shaun's or Jessica's average lap times :) It also depends on the car he was driving. Great review, I'm looking forward to the full review of Reiza Studios - Game Stock Car and thrilled to hear about their new project!

KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING WORK FOLKS!!!!!!!!