Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT5 switch advice

4 posts in this topic

So I have been out of sim racing for quite some time. College got really busy, then I graduated and moved states. I quit all my racing and got rid of all my racing games. I still have my G27 wheel and my Microsoft Xbox 360 wheel. I have always been a Forza fan since the first one, but I fell in love with F1 2010 and my G27 on the PS3.

I am contemplating picking up GT5. Is it worth it for me to make the switch? I know that GT5 doesn't have the customization or the crash mechanics of the Forza series, but I really can't see myself going back to the Microsoft wheel, unless for maybe a Karting or arcade style game or something.

Currently my play-times are very sporadic as I am a substitute teacher on the job hunt for something more permanent. And I feel like I am already at a disadvantage trying to get into a game which has been out for quite some time.

Any words of wisdom or advice? Is this a "safe" pick-up? Or should I either wait for the next installment or just suck it up and get Forza 4 and use the Microsoft wheel?

GT5 is awesome and you can go at your own pace thrue the game, races are pretty short in the career mode except at the endurence level.

I'd say go for it, I don't think you'll regret it, I haven't !

Forza is great and I really enjoy it, but I love GT5. The career mode is a bit of a grind at times, but much of that has been alleviated with updates and online events. I think you will benefit from having waited, as the game now officially supports the g27 and several features have been added.

well "PBearHBK"~I'm a "PS3/GT5" guy,and can tell you "GT5" is amazing,and only getting better with the 2.0 update and upcoming "DLC" Packs..and with official "G27" Support now,of course you are not too late!..[it's NEVER too late to get in on a good thing my friend ;) ]

however~as a "PS3/GT5" fan,it stings a bit to admit that "FORZA 4" [iMHO] is even better [OUCH! :lol: ]

and has pretty much stole the crown from "GT5",basically because "FORZA 4" does everything "GT5" does..and does it better,but I think thats a good thing for all us "GT5" fans,because it is most certainly going to keep "PD"/SONY" on it's toes.

but whatever route you decide to take "PBearHBK",it is a win/win situation,because both titles are stellar racers,and there is no bad choice here..however 'GT5" seems to be the better option in your case,because the "MS Wheel" is "CRAP" and the "G27" is a VERY good wheel,[of course you could always drop about 5 bills on a Fanatec and go with "FORZA 4"]..but as things stand?and money is tight all over,I would say get "GT5"..you will LOVE it!cheers and gr8 racing.