Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone has a good open loby ?

6 posts in this topic

it's easy

just look for lounges that are race for real, no driving aids, entitled "clean races", and have limitations on bhp/tires or PP. this will usually filter out most ram fest servers - like all the idiots in the Vettel X 2010 cars. i also usually avoid oval tracks because i don't find them interesting races and most times i have tried them it was mayhem more akin to a demolition derby than any form of racing.

i was hosting all day on Spa and had people from EU and NA all day, it was clean from what i saw. (biggest issues were in first corner but that is too be expected ;)) i just slow down early and take a wide line to avoid inevitable carnage esp when 16 on the grid - lose initial positions at start but make up for it in a race with a 5 laps or so you can fight for a podium position at least. being first is just getting a lucky clean start from pole more often than not

I always host clean Viper/Vette/Enzo rooms at Daytona. I wont tolerate people who can't race me cleanly and I will not tolerate someone trying to jump into the Redbull X1 or a full blown race car. I'll warn someone for choosing the wrong car but the X1 equals an automatic boot from my rooms. Also, If someone is causing too much upset from dirty tactics I won't hesitate in booting them.

Aggressive driving is fine but intentional wrecking is not. Yeah, wrecks do happen with tight pack racing which is completely fine but I won't put up with being put into the wall simply because I have a clean pass. Personally, I won't even block for the win even though I won't enforce that rule with anyone else as long as they are not intentionally wrecking someone to get that win.

Oval racing isn't for everyone but if you are looking for some exciting 3 wide tight pack racing then Daytona is the place to be.

it's easy

just look for lounges that are race for real, no driving aids, entitled "clean races", and have limitations on bhp/tires or PP. this will usually filter out most ram fest servers - like all the idiots in the Vettel X 2010 cars. i also usually avoid oval tracks because i don't find them interesting races and most times i have tried them it was mayhem more akin to a demolition derby than any form of racing.

i was hosting all day on Spa and had people from EU and NA all day, it was clean from what i saw. (biggest issues were in first corner but that is too be expected ;)) i just slow down early and take a wide line to avoid inevitable carnage esp when 16 on the grid - lose initial positions at start but make up for it in a race with a 5 laps or so you can fight for a podium position at least. being first is just getting a lucky clean start from pole more often than not

Finding a room marked 'Race for Real' doesn't really mean all that much. There is no guarantee that people in that room can actually race. Your best bet is to get to know the people you race, friend them, and try to only race with them. Private lounges are usually the best place for clean online racing but I also like to host open rooms with the intent to finding other clean drivers.

Post your room names or number, I'll check them out !

Yeah I tried quite a few race for real sites and the racing sucked....maybe I'm just unlucky !

I'm more into track and street than oval races