Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My PS3 ate my F1 2011!

2 posts in this topic

The red power light on my ps3 stays blinking when I power it on. Im assuming it's the equiviliant of the 360 rrod. The problem is it won't give me my F1 2011 back :x Should I take the console apart? If I do take it apart can I save the hard drive(60gb) and reuse it in my next Ps3? I'm not real happy right now but with fz4 coming out tomorrow and NASCAR 2003 on my laptop I'll have plenty to race until I can get a new one!

You'll be able to use your hard drive to a new one only if both consoles are the same generation; If the old one was a "FAT" and the new one a "Slim" you will encounter some problems :( ... sometimes it also depend on the HDD and/or PS3 firmware.

but

you can create a restore by finding a similar PS3 generation (a friend, your favorite workshop) and import it to the new one, there are plenty web sites to tell you how on the web.

I had the same problem and I now subscribe to the PSN+ that allow online saving storage ;), because I lost many of my game datas by changing my FAT to a Slim ... even with a restore :cry: