Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When are they releasing it? (Review in 100 words or less)

7 posts in this topic

First, I'm not happy about paying for a demo. Second, the FPS and graphics on the PS3 are god awful; usable, but it actually looks worse than 2010, esp the menus. Third, BUGS beyond belief.

Speaking of bugs, there are a LOT of bugs in this release. How does something this buggy get past the QA and testers? There is NO way they didn't see this stuff - it literally is that apparent. Setup bugs, timing bugs, graphical glitches, etc.

If you were thinking about getting 2011 - wait and see what get's fixed in the next (and probably last) patch. Right now, they should probably rename the company Code Disaster if this is indicative of future products.

My rating: 3/10

Well that is an interesting take on the game. I can certainly agree with you on certain bugs and wonder to myself as well "how did this make it out". But I look at your score and overall opinion and wonder is it really that bad.

To be honest, once getting over the bugs, I really enjoy this game. I mean I really really enjoy this game. And for those playing on the Xbox especially I cant think of a finer F1 effort available. I agree the PS3 graphics are poor.

I should clarify, my take on it was solely based on the PS3 version and yes, Sean, perhaps a bit harsh on the rating. :(

BTW, I have seen the Xbox version and messed around with it a friends house and it's almost like it's a different game....in part because the graphics and FPS seem to be leaps and bounds beyond what they bothered to deliver to the PS3.

I have both consoles, but only a decent wheel for ps3, so I bought the ps3 version. The game is fine, but it's ugly. I would have guessed the user base to be bigger for the ps3, considering Europe and Japan, so I have to wonder at why they seem to have released a sloppy port for ps3. It's probably the last of these titles I will buy.

Its really a shame there is so much difference between versions. I guess those who play on the PC would be happy because it plays so much better there, but rather a shame for those on the PS3 playing what looks like a PS2 game.

I'm glad I didn't purchase F1 2011 for the PS3, instead I bought it through Steam for the PC. I have to say this game is so much fun to play. It does have a lot of bugs but the driving more then makes up for it IMO. Ran the benchmark test on my Intel i7 and minimum frames per second were 67 and average was 90_fps. I'm lovin' this game.