Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza Motorsport 4 In Depth Look

24 posts in this topic

Our preview of Forza Motorsport 4. It has been 2 years since the previous version of the game for the Xbox 360. Forza Motorsport 4 has an entire checklist of new features making it one of the deepest and most detailed racing games of all time. We take you through every aspect of the game for you to see what it is made of. In this preview we cover Career mode, Multiplayer mode, Autovista and more.

Great preview guys. Your shows are so much better when its the 2 of you. More organic, more conversational and improvisational feel. Its nice to see you have a triple screen setup for Forza. Looking forward to your coming guide on doing that. You should also do one on GT5 triple screen especially with the spec 2.0 update coming up soon.

Great video as usual guys! Just wanted to query what you were saying about the wheel rotation, and also the linearity. I know this was always the case in previous Forza games to make using the controller easier. I was under the impression that the new 'Simulation' steering mode turned off all the steering assists, so the wheels always turned by the same amount of degrees regardless of the speed of the car?

Great early look guys.

After reading some of the forza forums, I am thoroughly confused over the steering. It is causing some pretty hot debate. Is it a steering assist, a bug or a physics effect ? I guess it will become clear at some stage.

Looking forward to my copy arriving in the mail this coming week.

thanks for the preview guys although i have a question, in the demo iv noticed their is a dead zone of about 10% on the steering on my GT2 even with my wheel's dead zone set to 0, is that dead zone gone in the full game or is their even the option to set the in game dead zone to 0 in the advanced settings ?

Why did I buy GT5 in the first place?! :cry:

What made me go :o was...

-graphics

-Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson for Autovista

-physics

-Top Gear test track

-cars

-Top Gear's "reasonably priced" cars (Kia C'eed and Suzuki Liana)

-tracks

-Top Gear studio

-car clubs

-Top Gear challenges

-custom liveries

-and finally, TOP GEAR!

-Jus

This was a great early overview of Forza 4. Well done guys! Out of curiousity, I wonder if you'd be willing to post what your times are one the demo Rival challenges if you've done them yet. Just interested in seeing where I stack up against some seasoned vets such as yourselves. The real skill test is the Zonda Cinque on the Bernese Alps. Anywho, keep up the great work!

Great overview guys, keep up the good work! Out of curiosity, what kind of times are you boys running on the Rivals challenges that are included in the recent demo? I'd be interested to know how I stack up next to seasoned vets like yourselves. Of course that's assuming you've done those ones. The one I'm particularly interested in is where you drive the Zonda Cinque or something on a Bernese Alps track. Say hi to Jessica for me too, I'm sure I'd be the first! :D

Great first review! Keep em coming! It is always better to see the menues and racing in motion picture then trying to read some other reviews online. Can hardly wait for the release (have been waiting since last year........ :lol: )

Darin and Shaun, in the next installment of your review can you comment on the American Le Mans integration. What all cars are there, can you run a full ALMS season in the game and things like that. I would be curious to see a comparison of an LMP & GT car in Forza 4 vs the same in iRacing at the same track like a Sebring.

ALMS info would be great, as well as any other represented series.

*Can you get us a list of the tracks? It still seems up in the air. Just the real tracks is all I'm interested in...Brands Hatch, Spa...now I really want Bathurst!. LOL Any retro track layouts for historical racing?

*In the demo we couldn't see much in set up. Can we turn up the FFB from what we see in demo?

*If drag racing is back, can you red light?

Nice review, thanks. It was refreshing to see the gameplay by someone that can actually drive, rather than just bashing their way through.

Can't wait now for Tuesday....just need to go verify my pre-order at Best Buy tomorrow. Thus far I think I'm safe from the mess as I did the pre-order in store, but I'm going to go follow up for peace of mind.

Is it true there no Endurance race anymore in Forza4 ?

And the "ALMS official game" is a joke with only 4 tracks / 10 rounds of real ALMS races.

The bad things for me are: the steering help stiil there even with the setting "simulation", the tracks are flat flat flat and you don't fight with them like in Shift2, also the driving train sounds (gears box/differential) are missing.

Forza is still Forza, everything is OK but nothing realy perfect.

At the end Jessica says there will be some more Forza 4 videos either when the video preview is up or very shortly after , but I still dont see the other videos even though the video was posted early yesterday. Are those videos going to be uploaded soon?

Yes that would be interesting instead of a GT5 comparison only how about your thoughts on ALMS Forza vs. iracing. Glad you mentioned the lack of new tracks.Only a Fanboy wouldn't be upset about that. I was hoping to get Formula cars and a generic F1 car this time,what a bummer. Forza 3.001 Porsche gone and some good tracks are gone.I'll be sick of the top gear track in a day.Indy and sonoma look good and 16 player online is it for me.

20:20 knocked the wind out of my sails. 270 degrees and aids still active even on pro settings? Not enough new locations to boot. Good thing I am a console racing nerd and need something to feed my GT2, until Fanatec starts accepting preorders for the CSR Elite, or else I might pass on this one.

Rivals mode could be a blast with friends.

20:20 knocked the wind out of my sails. 270 degrees and aids still active even on pro settings? Not enough new locations to boot. Good thing I am a console racing nerd and need something to feed my GT2, until Fanatec starts accepting preorders for the CSR Elite, or else I might pass on this one.

Rivals mode could be a blast with friends.

I hear you. I played the demo in Best Buy while I was there verifying my pre-order. While it's nice, it's not different enough from FM3 for the $60-80 hit to the wallet. If it wasn't for the great group of guys I race w/ in the 2old4forza clan at 2old2play.com, there is a reasonable chance I may have passed on it. I certainly wouldn't have purchased the LCE that I did.

That said, I still intend to put a lot of time into rFactor (come on rF2!) & GT5 along w/ FM4. I'm a car nut at heart & love racing w/ guys that like to race clean, but don't get bent out of shape if something happens (ie the super serious racers).

That said, I just entered my first rFactor series w/ a bunch of Australian guys running V8 Supercars. Should prove interesting. The guys are fast. I just hope I don't end up being too much of a rolling road block for them.