Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Csr not recognized

27 posts in this topic

Got my new csr, fired up the pc and dirt 3. The wheel is not available in presets, just keyboard. I was using the gt2 before with no issues. I can button map the wheel and it works for driving but not navigating menus. The same with f1 2001. Any ideas? Please help.

Same thing here!

I've installed the new driver 114, but nothing changed.

114 is the key.. Have you put it into PC mode ?? If you press the "back" button which is the black one on the left of the LED, it will change into PC mode and your PC should find it..

Hi Guys,

After I installed driver version 114 IRacing worked fine, but Codemaster games nope.

Darin: My wheel was in PC mode, thanks for your quick reply. I've also tested forza 3 in which the FF feels stronger and smoother than in IRacing, for my surprise, but I think is a matter of setup.

Roberto

I'm in the same position. CSR and CSP are working fine in windows game controller settings, but no show in PC games. In codemasters games only keyboard is an option, the d pad and buttons don't work during the menu and the settings do not save due to the fact that I'm remapping the keyboard controls.

Both 114 and 115 on Windows 7 64 if that helps

Just out of interest, in control panel devices does everyone's CSR show as "USB Input Device" rather than the wheel name?

'm in the same position. CSR and CSP are working fine in windows game controller settings, but no show in PC games. In codemasters games only keyboard is an option, the d pad and buttons don't work during the menu and the settings do not save due to the fact that I'm remapping the keyboard controls.Both 114 and 115 on Windows 7 64 if that helps

Should read as "Fanatec CSR" in the gaming profiler.

115 should work fine.. Are you putting the wheel in PC mode by pressing the "back" button ? The black one on the left of the tuning menu ? Also, you may want to try a different USB port.

Is the blue dot on the LED lit up ?

Should read as "Fanatec CSR" in the gaming profiler.

115 should work fine.. Are you putting the wheel in PC mode by pressing the "back" button ? The black one on the left of the tuning menu ? Also, you may want to try a different USB port.

Is the blue dot on the LED lit up ?

The wheel is connected fine, shows up in the game controllers as fanatec csr (but usb device in "devices and printers"), also the steering works after remapping every time I load a codemasters game and works as it should. The blue dot lights up when pressing the back button then clears.

The main problem is that I have to remap the controls every time (including the in-game FFB settings), the joystick and other wheel buttons don't navigate the menus (or are even acknowledged) and you are unable to map those on codemasters games to rectify that.

My G27 works with these games. The dpad works, the buttons are acknowledged by the game, and the wheel is recognised by the game, so I don't have to remap it every time it loads.

Is it because the wheel is so new that the games just don't recognise it exists?

I'll also add that the wheel is working fine on the xbox and ps3 perfectly

I don't like to double post, but does anyone's PC version of dirt 3 acknowledge the CSR in the settings?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's just mine or an issue with everyone with this wheel.

Have you tryed to use a botton on the CSR? I know from my G25 that if i use the keyboard first then i have to remap all keys. but if i use my G25 then i rebember them all from last time :)

I followed this guidelines I found on codemasters forum and created a new profile myself. Now the wheel works great in Dirt 3

--------------------------------------

Originally Posted by abowlofsoda

Okay, got it working for my Saitek gamepad (Rumble Force P2500) on Windows 7 64-bit.

Went into Dirt 3 install directory. Went into the 'actionmaps' folder.

I found an xml file that looked similar to my controller (lg_rumblepad_2_usb).

I copied the file and pasted it so I had a copy in case I need to put things back to the way they were.

I went in to the Windows start menu and typed Devices and Printers and right clicked my gamepad entry in there and went to Properties. I copied the name of the controller near the top of the window next to the controller icon (Cyborg Force Rumble Pad).

I opened up the xml file I was talking about before (not in the copy, thats your backup) and in the first few lines it says devicename="lg_rumblepad... " and pasted in my Cyborg Force Rumble Pad. So it reads deviceName="Cyborg Force Rumble Pad"

the next word says priority and I changed that to "0". This step was important in getting it to work. so it reads priority="0">

If you do a CTRL-F inside the xml file you can search the file. Search for Menu Start Button. This is the button that you need to press at the games startup screen that says 'PRESS START OR ENTER'. It was default to di_button_9 I think. On my controller that was clicking down on the right analog stick.

Once I'm at the 'PRESS START OR ENTER' screen, I hit that button and it advances into the menus and uses my previously set keys. The Preset in Controls options now shows Keyboard and Cyborg Rumble Force from the devicename= paste above.

Good enough for me for now.

I'm in the same position. CSR and CSP are working fine in windows game controller settings, but no show in PC games. In codemasters games only keyboard is an option, the d pad and buttons don't work during the menu and the settings do not save due to the fact that I'm remapping the keyboard controls.

Both 114 and 115 on Windows 7 64 if that helps

Just out of interest, in control panel devices does everyone's CSR show as "USB Input Device" rather than the wheel name?

Having the same issue with my CSR Wheel that I just purchased. Did you find a solution to this?...I'm beating my head trying to figure this out with no luck. I've looked everywhere, goggled it and nothing, very frustrating.....HELP PLEASE..someone.

I just built a new pc and having the same problem, no matter what i do, every driver version just shows up as usb device for the wheel but the pedals show as clubsport... (i can test the pedals and everything is fine with them) but the wheel is just not recognized.

hold the back button, see the blue dot.. wheel hooks up to pc but will not show as csr wheel in control panel.

when i try to set the buttons in dirt it set the x-axis 3 ways and y-axis for one like it's reading the pedals and wheel all together as one controller but it's not getting it right, left and right seem ok but gas is on the wrong axis and it'a all whacked in game.. posting this hopeing someone solved a similar problem??

have you tried right clicking the USB Input device in the control panel and then clicking on the game controller settings instead of going to properties? and once in the game controller settings you then click properties, this is what I have to do since my GT2 wheel only shows up in the control panel as a USB Input Device as well.

Stiggy

WTF I installed D3 on PC and it will not recognize my CSR for controlling the menus. I can go into the options and map everything and play the game just fine, but there is no preset except for keyboard, and I cannot get past where you need to push "start" if I push every button on my wheel.

I know there probably a way to fix it with a .xml file but I'm not sure how to activate those files..

Above info in this thread is incomplete and doesn't apply..

win7 64

latest drivers and firmware on CSR

It used to be that if you press the start button on the wheel, you can then navigate with teh wheel in game. Try not touching the keyboard at all and hitting that little black button on the right of the LED to "Start". If that doesn't work, not sure what else to try.. I know in F1 2012 if you hit the keyboard you are then using it to navigate but you can go back to the start screen and then hit start with the wheel. It works that way with the T500.

It used to be that if you press the start button on the wheel, you can then navigate with teh wheel in game. Try not touching the keyboard at all and hitting that little black button on the right of the LED to "Start". If that doesn't work, not sure what else to try.. I know in F1 2012 if you hit the keyboard you are then using it to navigate but you can go back to the start screen and then hit start with the wheel. It works that way with the T500.

Well thanks for reply- but I got it to work finally.

I did try what everyone said- and what you just said about trying to not touch the keyboard at all, but it didn't work because no buttons on the wheel got my past the screen where you need to hit "start" in Dirt3. I had to use keyboard to get past that place. After that I got the wheel to work in game for driving, just not in the menu, which sucked.. plus I had to reconfigure everything every time I played because game wouldn't save settings.

So here's how I eventually got it to work in the menu- I downloaded the Logitech G25 drivers for win7 64bit.. I installed them, but still could not get me CSR into G25 or PS3 mode. I have never been able to get this wheel into G25 mode oon the PC, but it always works fine on PS3.

So I just kept trying.. Kept turning the wheel off, turning it back on, and pushed "connect" or the "<<<" button and then the "back" button at the same time. After about 7 tries, it finally just worked! I got the little blue dot on the display, and it was in G25 or "PS3 mode" while connected to my PC. Then in the Logitech profiler it came up as G25, and in the windows game controllers screen it popped up as a G25.

I then started Dirt3 and when I got the the place where you need to hit start, I hit the "A" button on the CSR and all was fine after that- just like the G25 controls on the PS3 (or the CSR equivalent).

I did have to adjust the FF in game and the FF on the wheel to get it to feel right, and it does feel a lot different than before when I got this same wheel to work to play the game on the PC.. it actually has more effects made just for the G25- you can feel the tires break traction, etc., just like on the PS3 with a G25. I guess those settings are for a different thread..

The way to make sure to get the CSR into G25 mode on the PC- is to press the connect button a little before the back button, and hold them foe a second until the little dot lights up- then your PC will install the correct drivers for a G25, even more than just the Logitech profiler drivers- the windows usb drivers, etc.. Then you're golden and the wheel buttons work in the menu, and I'm pretty sure the profile will be saved in Dirt3 too.

So anyone who comes looking about this problem, that is what you have to do. It's a little bit of a pain to get the CSR into G25 mode on the PC, but once you do, it works great in Dirt3 menus, etc..

I was having a similar problem getting my CSR to work with Richard Burns Rally on PC (Windows 7). I did the regedit change suggested by Darin for Windows Vista and now everything works fine. I must add that I prefer the CSR's force feedback when it is recognised as a CSR wheel and not a G25.

Link for the regedit viewtopic.php?f=137&t=1586

I understand that perhaps some folk might not be happy to tinker with the regedit on their PC but I have had no problems with my machine since doing so. I have tried all of the different drivers and firmware for my CSR. I am currently using driver 115 and firmware 706. Unfortunately I can't use Fanaleds with this firmware but I feel that this combination of driver and firmware is the most stable. I hope this helps..

I was using the fw that my CSR shipped with, it was 706- but no matter what I did, the FF in F1 2012 on the PC had this horrible jerking back and forth motion, which totally wrecked the game. My only option was to install latest fw and use latest driver. I think there's a little bit of deadzone in the ff, not the actual wheel angle, just the ff. Other than that, seems to be working good.