Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 - Degrees of Rotation

16 posts in this topic

A lot of board posters has said to use the 270 setting for Fanatec wheels, I've done that and it seems pretty dead to me. I now have the wheel at 900, and the game wheel saturation at 93, gas and brake at 20 for now. Really, really twitchy, but I'm trying to get used to it.

The reason I've got my Fanatec at 900, is it seems the game is designed for this setting. I can feel so many things going on with the car suspension, that it makes driving the car so much more interesting. But if I have the game wheel saturation at 95, it becomes undrivable, so 93 is working now, but it is really twitchy.

f120112012060123291931.jpg

Logitech G25, 540 degrees of rotation. This gives me 1:1 rotation and also I don't have to steer as much in fast corners like turn 5 in Albert Park. A real F1 car has 540 maximum degrees of rotation (saw it for myself when they maneuvered the car in to the garage), but sadly this game does not simulate it well. :roll: This setup provides real rotation but the wheels move only in the first 240 degrees, the rest is just for the sake of rotation realism.

Look in the hairpin

If you want the real experience (on pc) then get 400 because that is the real steering angle in 2011

But if you were to use it in other games like rfactor, iracing or race07. You need to play around because some game has less grip than others. (e.g i use 600 for race 07, because the grip level at 400/600 in race07 is same as 400/400 in f1 2011).

If you want the real experience (on pc) then get 400 because that is the real steering angle in 2011

But if you were to use it in other games like rfactor, iracing or race07. You need to play around because some game has less grip than others. (e.g i use 600 for race 07, because the grip level at 400/600 in race07 is same as 400/400 in f1 2011).

You are right, it's 400 degrees in 2011 I just saw it in another video, can't belive I missed this change :P