Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is insidesimracing going to review F1 2011?

12 posts in this topic

Of course they are...once they finally stop playing it. I'm thinking somewhere next week, possibly the next. The local pizza delivery guy is going to become quite familiar with the InsidesimRacing studio over the next couple of weeks. I just hope for Jessica's sake they take the time to go home and bathe every couple of days.

Got my copy on Tues 9/20 and can absolutely reccomend the title. Handling is phenominal compared to 2010, graphics and sound great, although if not using full headset, may want to ask loved ones to wear ear plugs as the engine note is considerably higher than last years. Still the same clunky menu's to get to the track, but the addition of Pirelli's expanded compound set, very tune-able. There is a good review available @ ign.com, and is well worth the read if your on the fence about getting this title.

XBL: TURTLE oTRAo NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS MESSAGE! Spay & Neuter your pets!

We will be doing a review.. Working on it right now !

Well I would just like to say I am from the UK i live a few hundred metres away from Codemasters Studio in Birmingham, However As much as I am a firm believer that F1 2011 is the best F1 Experience we have EVER had, its still a little way off becoming truly "MINDBLOWING". The Garages are boring and are the same basically as last year. At least they could have put tyre blankets on the wheels etc just to show how much they have progressed. I Also run it on PC PS3 and Xbox 360 and to me the PC yet again is like a completely different game, so sharp and fast with no lagg at all. I HATE the PS3 version, to me it was rushed out and very framey and had an UNFINISHED look about it. I get every game has bugs, but i hope there is a patch out soon. I like the new Tyre strats, Fuel that actually runs out!, the AI Drivers are crazy, if you lap them they still get in your way. for me its a MARKED improvement and a great game, But Dissapointed on minor things like the Interviews and the LIVE THE LIFE progress, to bee honest LIVE THE LIFE hasnt changed at all, a new paddock and a few reppatative cut scenes. I wish they would take 2 years to make a game, truly change every aspect of it etc rather than try and rush it out in 9 months of development...

I am a huge F1 fan, and this years release is arguably one of the worst games every released on the PS3 - visually and performance wise.

Race Department has a good review of F1 2010 on their site. The gave it pretty high marks for the PC and Xbox. Gave it a "do not buy" rating for the PS3. I'll be curious to see what ISR gives it overall.

I am glad I purchased it for the PC and not the PS3 or the Xbox for that matter. Games are just so much better on the PC. A buddy of mine has F1 2011 for the Xbox, the PC version looks and plays so much better.

Like a lot of people I too wonder about F1 review from the crew at ISR, yes there has been personnel changes and probably other events we don't even know about but now with C.A.R.S. out F1 2011 is almost forgotten. I personally like their reviews but come on already. :mrgreen:

Been a little worried about the status of things, honestly. Looks a little lonely at ISR HQ with Tom gone, Jessica basically gone and Darin splitting time. Shawn needs some help!

Of course, this one is out there now, but with F1 and Forza out about the same time, those are some major titles to work up reviews for. Taking time to be thorough is good, but too long and people have already "reviewed" on their own and you've got to come out with info others haven't noticed to be relevant.

Glad to see this one come out though, I've held off on 2011 to hear about this since I've got 2010 already.

Cant honestly vouch for the gameplay yet, but initial impressions, at least on the PS3, is that it is shockingly bad from a visuals perspective, not only in the menus and garages but actually in game as well. Really pixelated, jaggy, just horrible. Graphics dont necessarily make a game great, but they sure help. It's just not polished enough and its not being gritty on purpose. For me, in this genre, visuals are just as important as the physics and game structure and at the moment, it's failing badly on the visuals, really badly. I'm not killing it off yet though, i want to give a decent go, but seriously under impressed so far.