Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2011 wheel settings

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys well I'm loving the game sofar but I'm trying to dial in the Microsoft wheel (i have the new fanatec wheel on preorder) but until it gets here anyone else's got any luck with somegood setting right now my deadzone is 3% steer sat is 42% steer Lin is 57% and all the rest is at 0 any help will be great thks.

Ok I'm making improvements so far I've got alot better control with the car now with these settings steering dead 0% steer sat 22% steer Lin 29% hope this helps people o and this is with all asst. off if that even makes a difference.

Ok I'm making improvements so far I've got alot better control with the car now with these settings steering dead 0% steer sat 22% steer Lin 29% hope this helps people o and this is with all asst. off if that even makes a difference.

I will try your settings and see how they work out for me. Thanks!

Also using the Microsoft Wheel here... saving up for the Fanatec CSR setup. I'm going to try these settings as well. At first the default settings didn't bother me... but I did try putting everything to 0%, and for me that feels really nice and responsive.

A lot of board posters has said to use the 270 setting for Fanatec wheels, I've done that and it seems pretty dead to me. I now have the wheel at 900, and the game wheel saturation at 93, gas and brake at 20 for now. Really, really twitchy, but I'm trying to get used to it.

Ended up working out great! Thanks for the settings. I will continue to tweek and report back but as for now your settings helped out a lot.

I messed with it quite a bit this afternoon and I got some really good ones dialed in I can tell you that my steering sat is at 19, and Lin is at 25. Now I changed my throttle and brake deadzones my throttle dead is about 10, and my break is about 14, now with those two I change them from track to track I feel that with the throttle it comes on a lot smoother and on the break it is less likely to lock up with a little jab of the breaks (i know things are going to be a lot better once I get my new fanatec wheel lol but that's a different story) anyways this is what I have been using with the aids off and traction control on med. The wheel seems to be right on with the one on the game and it is very stable, the only thing is changing the deadzone on the break and throttle from track to track I don't know if its me or if it really does make a difference but all I can say is give it a shot.

I don't see any reason to mess with pedal settings, they're fine at 0/0. I played this morning with the wheel at 0/22/29, and really liked it. may adjust it back to 0/20/25... just for OCD sakes (nice rounded numbers). It feels pretty darn good, at least for the MS FFB Wheel. The FFB feels better than 2010 too. Really enjoying the game. Too bad it will probably get cut off for a while when Forza 4 arrives... I've always found that game more addictive.

Hey s10onn2o

I was wondering have you had any issues with turning around corners using the wheel (Shanghai International Circuit - Corners 1-4) as I had that with two wheels. :/ The previous version of the MadCatz Wireless Wheel & the PowerRacer 270. Are you getting the CSR Wheel (not the elite) if so do you have it yet? As I would like to know what settings for when I purchase it (if its gd for F1 2011) and also how good is it with F1 2011 (such as going around corners and so forth around the 1st four corners of the Chinese Grand Prix).

Much Appreciated & Thanks from the1lackster

Hey no i havn't had any issue's with stuff like that really the oly problem i have is with the pedals they suck in a bad way with the tc off its almost impossible to controll the car i have to have it on med to have any controll of the car, and yes im getting the csr im just giving it a couple of months so they can get the bugs and if they are any "build updates" that they change i'll get them then instead now lol if that makes any sense but when I get ill put my settings up here on the the board too.