Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternatives to race wheels?

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

big time fan of the site and all the video reviews. :)

Anyway, I'm considering going down the race wheel route for my PS3. Main games I'm playing just now, DIRT 3, GT5, F1 2011 (when it comes out) and SBK 11.

I did play alot of FORZA 2 and 3 and I did find the XBOX 360 controller better for playing driving sims. Dont get me wrong the PS3 pad is good but just a bit lacking in feel

So what I wondered is, what are the other possible joypad options for PS3 driving sims??

I'm sure you agree the only way to do a wheel and pedals is the right way, full blown pod setup etc, but sadly I dont have the room for this

You should really check out the Fanatec Wheel Stand. Folds down to store, and looks pretty stable. I use a playseat chair, and can recommend the Fanatec brand. I raced for years w/ logitech wheel mounted to a folding wood TV tray, and office chair. One good thing about that set up is you can't get too aggressive with your arm strength as the thing would tip over, bad thing is it kills your back! Racing w/ a wheel is so much more immersive than with a pad. Ton's more control and greater input for racing. Hope this has helped..