Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2011: Xbox Vs. PS3 video

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

yesterday I've made 2 videos,

the first is the review code on Xbox 360, the second a Promo copy (retail) of the Ps3 version...

As you can see the Ps3 version is the worst...lower fram rate and bad aliasing...the video is made with an'iphone, personally the difference between the two version is bigger...

Njoy ;)

http://youtu.be/jEFmrJqqwyU

http://youtu.be/7_RMnRP0RvQ

You don't help me to choose if I will pick a Fanatec CSR elite or a Clubsport Wheel :)

With Forza 4 and F1 running better on 360, I still hesitate to sell my 360 in order to buy the clusport wheel + shifter + pedals.

Thank you for the video (as a game programmer, it does not surprise me at all that the 360 version runs smoother).

Well thats lame, but on the review for 2010, Darin and co did say that the xbox version looked better that ps3. No surprise its the same with 2011, but if I pick up a ps3 (got pc) I could live with it.

I picked it up for ps3. I have seen no other version, but this one is fine to me. There are some frame rate drops when driving with other cars on the track, but overall it looks great. Much better than 2010 in my opinion. I don't have a good wheel for the xbox, and I don't want to spend alot just for this game. I don't have the time I used to have to devote to sim racing, so this fills my need for a weekend fix pretty well.

Still, my guess is the ps3 version is the lesser of the three.

EDIT: After racing all weekend I began to get annoyed by the look of the game. No anti-aliasing and some funky looking effects prompted a test. I put 2010 in and, to my surprise, it looks much better. Excluding the grey mist in 2010, it looks better all the way around to me. It runs smoother too.

So WTF Codemasters? Why make the game look worse?

I believe you can run it triple screen on the Xbox. GT5 on the PS3 you can run triple screen so I'm guessing F1 you could as well. I looked at both, the Xbox and PS3 and although we have multiple consoles here at home I went with the PC which IMO is heads and tails above the consoles in graphics and gameplay.