Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2011 Multi Monitor Support?

6 posts in this topic

My net speed is crappy. I live in the sticks so I'm on about 1 meg max ... Sniff so DL is painful.

It came and wow...... three screens ( pc ) is pretty amazing. It's a lot harder then 2010 and the rain :shock: loving it so far.... Only problem my pc is saying I have no connection to the net. So can't load my profile or save, so not really playing it till my pc is looked at tomorrow. Fed up of setting the wheel up every time and restarting a career lol..

Lesson learned though... Play.com will not have anymore of my money..

Daz

bought it yesterday (for the PS3), no obvious option for multi screen. :(

Initial impressions (having literally swapped discs with GT5) Graphically, it's really dissapointing. It really does make you appreciate the finesse that GT5 has when it comes to visuals, even on the standard cars (apart from the disgusting shadows that is!) F1 gameplay seems to be far more challenging than GT5 though, which is good. Does anyone else find GT5 too easy, even with all the aids turned down? It's just all a little overly predicable and i've been wondering whether or not i've not switched a difficulty setting on/off or something. Although the visuals are not impressing in F1, i do however think that the challenge and the experience will consume me, at least thats what i hope. As a through away line, i'm sure i remember the PS3 launch title F1 Championship being visually cleaner than this iteration? hmmm.

Anyway, F1 may not have multi screen support (at the moment) but it has one over on GT5 in that it has LAN play, which even in this era of online play, is still a valuable feature in my eyes, and quite a few others so i read. I'm lucky enough to have a multi screen set up ready to role for GT5 so getting in some LAN action on F1 would be easy to do and a good giggle. All i need is another 2 copies of the game and i'm set! :)

I'm not a PC gamer, but i'm seeing that graphically, at least for F1, the visuals are far superior, which doesn't surprise me, i'm just a little dissapointed to see that the gap appears to be so big.