Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT5 and DFGT, not a good combination?

11 posts in this topic

I just got a logitech DFGT wheel a couple of weeks ago and for this time i have mostly used it for iracing, and it works awesome for iracing. Yesterday finally hooked it up to my ps3 and thought that the control was just horrible. It felt like i had to control the wheel more than i did the car as I constanly had to fight the wheel from what seem like it just tried to correct itself and would want to move on its own. Is my wheel just messed up, or is this normal for GT5? Here is the video it took on high speed ring long straight, I would just give the wheel a slight movement in a direction and it would result in this. Its that movement that i get in almost every turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGIXO19EA

There is a deadzone issue in GT5 with some wheels, including the Logitech wheels, when it comes to centering the wheel. The side to side jerking is caused by the wheel trying to center itself, it will pull to one side and then the other in an attempt to correct. There is no way to change this within GT5 at this time unfortunately.

well "Neemo6",while "Moparmike" is correct,as to there being a "Dead Zone" problem with the "DFGT" in "GT5",it is VERY slight,and for the most part I never even notice it anymore,I have been using a Logitech "DFGT" with "GT5" since the game was released,and it seems all the patches and updates since,have pretty much fixed the "dead zone" problem, with just a few cars still being a wee bit "twitchy"~but overall I would say 95 percent of the cars in "GT5" handle above "STELLAR" with the "DFGT" and it is hands down,simply the best performing [PS3] racing title out at the present time with the "DFGT",esp when you go back to "GT5" after an hour or two of driving say.."SHIFT/SHIFT 2" where something like at least 50 percent of the cars are for the most part "CRAP",and the overall feeling that you are driving on a frozen lake;) judging from how awful you say your "DFGT" acts with "GT5",you definatly must have some problems with your wheel,but why it would work awesome for iracing,and not "GT5" I honestly have NO Idea man,I can only tell you I race "GT5" with my "DFGT" pretty much every single day,and it feels,drives and acts F'n Fantastic! whatever the problem is,I hope you work it out my friend,because as far as Racing titles go on the "PS3","GT5" is top dog..esp when using the "DFGT".Cheers and good luck.

Maybe its the FFB Setting... Did you set it to 9 or 10, because my G27 does the same thing in Live for speed and let alone GT5 because there is a force feedback deadzone in my G27 but the steering still works. Interesting to know that a single motor DFGT can do the same effect in GT5. Try adjust the FFB or check the controller setting menu if you can find a parameter adjustement.

if you take your hands off the steering wheel while driving a car (not that i'm recommending it) - but it doesn't start wondering back and forth for no reason... unless your driving on very un-even ground or your alignment is seriously messed up, lol

there is no excuse for it, its just crappy programming

they should have fixed it by now ...there have been so many patches, you'd think this would be on the list of things to fix

@ "Dimex "~well man,as I stated in my previous post,I have been using a "DFGT" W/"GT5" since the game was released,and while there was a VERY slight Dead Zone problem with some cars,[only a few cars suffered from very bad dead zone issues] since all of the updates & patches "GT5" has received since it's release,I can honestly & sincerely tell you that the "Logitech DFGT" performs Absolutely Stellar with "GT5",yes there are still a few cars that have some very minor dead zone issues,but I would say at least 95 percent of "GT5's" cars handle fantastic with the 'DFGT",with virtually all Race Cars having no dead zone problems at all,quite frankly I LOVE my "DFGT"~

I have drove "GT5" with wheels costing 5 times more than my "DFGT" & while some of the other wheels had some very nice features my "DFGT" lacks[gated shifter,Clutch,heavy duty metal construction,genuine paddle shifters & such] the Truth is I actually feel my 'DFGT" has as good or better "FF" then those wheels,I can feel traction loss in real time no matter what type car I am in,[FR,FF,MR,AWD.RR..etc],when my ass end is about to swing out,so on & so on,and the best part about all this?I paid 79.95 for my "DFGT" 2 years ago,and have had 0 problems with it,no matter if I am driving a "Sim" type racer like "GT5" or a full on "Arcade" title like "Split Second"[which by the way,is just amazing with the "DFGT"],also race~"DIRT/DIRT 2/DIRT 3","MCLA","Burnout Paradise City","GRID,"RR7"~all of which work VERY well with the "DFGT" [though "GRID" does take some time to get the feel of,but after an hour or so you will decimate the times you got with a standard controller],"NFS SHIFT" works pretty well,but "NFS SHIFT 2" can be somewhat of a nightmare,but it's not due to the wheel,seems to drive like Crap with every wheel I have ever tried with it,but thats just my opinion,I know a lot of cats that simply Love "SHIFT & SHIFT 2" with the "DFGT" ~

well man thats about it,hope this helps a little,but in the end I think it's all about personal taste & individual driving/racing preference,what I think is Amazing,the next guy may absolutely Hate;)

but IMHO,the "DFGT" is a top notch wheel @ a bargain price!cheers and gr8 racing guys.

OP,

I use my DFGT for iracing and GT5 also.

I agree that the DFGT feels much better in iracing.

In GT5 I race mostly Super GT 500 and in my opinion setting power steering on and FFB to 1 makes the straight line wobble less bothersome.

I also use the "DFGT squash ball mod" and it solved the GT5 sticking/partially applied brake issue alot of people have. It's the way GT5 calibrates the pedals.I never had a problem iracing.

I would reccomend the wheel for any budget minded driver. I've only had mine for a few weeks and I have enjoyed it very much.