Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally, sim racing to a whole new level. G27.

6 posts in this topic

Now,

I am one of the youngest simracers that I know and it all began on the Xbox 360.

I played Forza and other games and I really liked it! I just could not stop, I was also very interested in Motorsports and I guess that helped (I am in karting leagues).

Now, then i got my PS3, and I played GT5 and really liked it, then a while back in around maybe early to mid 2010, I found ISR on YouTube....I was instantly hooked.

I am now playing iRacing and ordered my G27 today.

So anyone, is there anything I should look out for?

ModernRebel

It sounds like you are doing things just right. You have played many sims and also have ordered yourself a very fine wheel. I think you will really enjoy the way that wheel feels in IRacing. Good Luck.

Well you may want to look out for me at iRacing :lol: Just kidding Rebel.It looks like you're on the right track.

You wont be disappointed with your G27.One upgrade I would suggest is the Nixim mod for the brake pedal.It is very affordable and garnered a rare 10 out of 10 in the ISR review.

http://www.isrtv.com/videos/view/546/0/Reviews

Race car drivers all worked hard in school ;) .Pay particular attention in math and physics :ugeek:

G27 is a good choice.

Agreed about the Nixim mod, but chances are that taking the pedals apart to put in the Nixim mod may void your warranty. Personally, I would wait a bit before attempting any mods, make sure the stock wheel, pedals and shifter components are good to start with, if after a few months, everything is working fine and you don't care about voiding the warranty, then go for it .

Enjoy the new goodies when you get them :)

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

haha, thanks shaun!

And ya, I've been reading a lot about the Nixim mod, does it give the break pedal more pressure hence, giving it a realistic feel? Is it kind of trying to imitate a load cell per say? I know they are very different but is that the effect that it is looking to get.

O and actually, give me your info on iRacing! I'll add you, PM me the details.

Need some friends to race with :P

Well you may want to look out for me at iRacing :lol: Just kidding Rebel.It looks like you're on the right track.

You wont be disappointed with your G27.One upgrade I would suggest is the Nixim mod for the brake pedal.It is very affordable and garnered a rare 10 out of 10 in the ISR review.

http://www.isrtv.com/videos/view/546/0/Reviews

Race car drivers all worked hard in school ;) .Pay particular attention in math and physics :ugeek:

And ya, no doubt II'll pay attention in school! That is always my main concern besides games and everything, especially since I am in an Honors math class and that is tough!