TX 458 Italia Edition - Paddle Shifter issues!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I am new to sim racing and recently purchased the Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Edition wheel/pedal set for the XBox One.

I am using the wheel with the F1 2019 game currently. Unfortunately my right paddle shifter seems to be faulty and/or broken because when I launch the game into the main menu, it scrolls all the way to the far right tab. In the main menu, the paddle shifters are used to toggle between tabs. Mine is stuck on the far right. I use the left paddle shifter to tab over, but when I release, it automatically shifts all the way back to the right again.

When I am in game, the right paddle shifter will not work to shift the car up. The left one works fine to shift down.

They don't feel broken at all, so I am hoping this is an easy fix. 

Please let me know if anyone has experienced this before.

Thanks

1 hour ago, manuelram16 said:

I would first test the wheel in the windows configuration menu, if everything checks out there then the problem is with the game...

How would I do that? I am not familiar with the windows configuration menu. I am playing on X Box One

52 minutes ago, manuelram16 said:

Download & Install the Thrustmaster driver on a PC and test....

Is this a different process than checking the wheel for firmware updates on PC? Because I have already done that. Thanks for the reply

Ok So I did that. Its firmware is fully updated. When I went to test it, this is what I see. It appears as though it’s stuck because the light stays on for button #2 which is the right paddle. 

D57C97F4-EA8F-47B1-AA99-ED7B53F0F5A1.jpeg

If I were to purchase the F1 wheel add-on, do you think my problem would be solved? I think it should fix the issue but I suppose the problem could be coming from the base.

if anyone has any input it would be appreciated. Thanks