Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 3 via logitech profiler = wheel not working

4 posts in this topic

I decided to set up my wheel settings in the Logitech profiler for various games starting with DiRT 3.

I first make a new profile and select where DiRT 3 is on my PC then tweak the setting for the wheel to what i know should be at least a good start which i can tweak a bit further if needed. Now i then use the profiler to launch the game it starts up as normal but then my wheel does not work in the menus or when starting a race.

If i load the game up via the normal way i.e. using the icon on my desktop or the same one but pinned onto my windows 7 taskbar the game loads up and instantly when it says press start or enter i can use my wheel and it works.

Does anyone here know what is causing the wheel to not work when the game is launched using the Logitech profiler?

Button mapping is not the problem for me as i have already set how i want the buttons on my wheel to work in DiRT 3 options menu.

The problem is that i wanted to changed some FFB settings within the Logitech profiler as a base for various games and it worked with Richard Burns Rally but in launching DiRT 3 from the profiler i found the wheel not to work even though it was detected. If i then loaded up the game via the desktop icon i'd be able to use my wheel but i wouldn't have the use of my custom FFB from the profiler.

Launch with the profiler and remap all the buttons again.

I don't use the logitech software, i have disable it from startup, and all the settings are still available from the windows devices, i got better feeling with out the logitech gaming software.