Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFS Shift 2 - got it again!

6 posts in this topic

When it first came out (april as I remember?) I bought NFS2 Unleashed (PS3) without any doubt at all; but after playing it for a couple of weeks I sold it back to my local gameshop, cause the game was crappy, to say the least!

But I have it back now as a gift from a friend...

What I would like to know; what has EA games done to improve this title? I play with a Fanatec wheel and had a lot of troubles with the steering, and strange behaviour with 'cars' hanging in the air' on my screen.

What are the latest patches; and did they make a difference?

hey rhs,My feelings for "SHIFT 2U"[PS3/DFGT] Pretty much have not changed since my last post about this title ["I LOVE/HATE SHIFT 2U"]..other than maybe a bit more "HATE" perhaps;)..it's just such an "up and down" game man,some cars are really borderline "Awesome" and perform stellar,BUT/ there are just a TON of cars that pretty much are "CRAP" & no matter how much you tweak them,or try all kinds of different setups..still end up being..well "CRAP!' the biggest Problem seems to be their tendency to "Dog walk" and just feel "floaty" with little or NO traction whatsoever,and randomly drift left..then right..then left..it will really drive you NUTS! constantly making small steering corrections,and just busting yer ass trying to keep the car in a striaght line!all in all? after an hour or so,I just find it more frustrating then anything else,and good ole "GT5" goes back in my "PS3"~I have heard some people say the game varies a lot depending on what wheel you are using,and while I certainly have not tried "SHIFT 2U" with every wheel on the market,I have tried it with my buddy's "Fanatec GT2" & "Logitech G27" and it drives the same exact way,some cars are GR8,While tons of them are pure "CRAP'..so why not just say "F" it,and trade it in? because like I have said before,when you are in the "Right Car" on the "Right track" "SHIFT 2U" can be a really awesome racer,but it ALL depends on what car you are in,it really is a shame that so many truly great looking cars drive like pure "CRAP" in "SHIFT 2U" and many times I have seriously questioned on just how in the world the "Dev's" could release this game with Soooooo many ill handling cars? WTF were they thinking? and honestly "rhs" the patches may have helped a "wee bit" with a few cars,but overall pretty much the same thing man,a Fantastic looking "PS3" Racer,with a lot of really gr8 looking cars and tracks,and one that will drive you absolutely NUTS!because one minute you are thinking holy hell! what a game! and the next minute you may find yourself a heartbeat away from throwing the *^%$'n disk in the Microwave and laughing like a lunatic while it snap crackles and pops!..I honestly have NEVER had such mixed feelings about a racer in my entire life M8,thats why when people ask me what I think about "SHIFT 2U" I tell them "I LOVE/HATE" it~cheers and gr8 racing my friend;)

Hey ocaxeman; Thanks for your vision about NFS2 :D

I must say; trying Shift 2 again is not so bad as I thought it would be. Started playing the game this afternoon and purchased the Legend Pack at PSN and made a test drive with an Old Alfa Romeo and had a great time! Its like you said; some cars are superb, others are shitty... So I made a promise to myself;

when I get bored/frustrated with the game, I just remove the disk from my PS3, and put another game in instead...

And when I do have the energy to play it again; I wil do so! I will NOT trade it in again; The game is to goodlooking and will stay in my collection :D

Happy driving to you too, mate! :D

ya rhs~hehe,it IS one good looking game 4sure!just beautiful graphics,the cars look amazing,the tracks are stellar,slick menus..maybe thats why this game can really piss me off so F'n much sometimes,..I find myself thinking DAMN! "SHIFT 2U" could have been epic! if only more cars drove half as good as they look! ya know..lol,and ya rhs,I got the "Legends Pack" and yer dead right buddy,more of the same,some really gr8 classics that drive superb,like the "Alfa" & the little flat block "Porsche" ..but then those "NFS bastards" went ahead and made the gorgeous,ass kicking "Ford GT40" drive like pure Shite!..rrrrrrrrrrr!

try to keep it in a straight line..."impossible" :x ,anyway rhs~you have a good point my friend,an hour at a time just may save my copy of "SHIFT 2U" from ending up in the old "nukerator 3000" set on "frizzle fry" :lol: ~cheers m8