Two drivers, two sim setups, two monitors, one PC?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone had experience driving with a friend in AC or iRacing on the same computer with two sim setups and two monitors? I just upgraded from my Logitech G920 to a new fanatec setup,  Mobdro Kodi and as I was going to post the Logitech for sale, realized it would be a lot of fun to essentially have a “split screen” style of head to head on two separate monitors. I realize this would probably be quite taxing on the PC, but I am just curious if it has been done. My only other option is running one through Xbone and do cross-platform forza 7, but I’d like to stick to the more realistic programs. 

Edited by AzmirAhmmhed

You would have to use virtualization and the software could get costly. It would require a complete reinstall of the machine. You would need a processor with four cores and a video card dedicated to EACH instance. So two GPUs, and an eight core processor. Networking can be shared, and a LAN could be setup between the two instances. It's less expensive than two separate systems, but infinitely more complicated. Unfortunately, there aren't any VM managers with easy UI for someone that doesn't already know what they're doing.

If you have a second desktop or laptop around that isn't a gaming machine, have a go at seeing if AC will run on integrated graphics with the Post Processing and Antialiasing settings turned off.