Former console gamer here, struggling with pc gaming
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Earlier this year I built a gaming pc after hearing all the great things about them. Mods, framerate, free online, everything sounded appealing to me. And now that I have one (I built it in May), I am still not playing it as much as I did my PS4. I don't know the reason why, and wanted to ask you guys if you ever experienced something similar to this.

For example, I used to play Siege on PS4 and I was pretty good I thought, but then I tried playing on PC and it was crazy. People were just flying around everywhere, zooming in and out of rooms and turning around so quickly and I'm sitting there wondering what happened, lol. So I think not being used to mouse and keyboard has something to do with it.

Another thing is no friends, I don't know anyone irl with a gaming pc and I only have like 3 friends on Steam as of right now. I don't know where to meet people on steam or really how it works still so that's something too. Also, my monitor is pretty old (around 2013) because i bought it second-hand, it does 1080p 60hz but I was wondering if a new one would be worth buying? I was looking into a 1440p 144hz ips monitor but the price is scary, lol.tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Anyways, I just wanted to ask everyone here their thoughts, if you switched from console gaming please tell me how you adapted to pc gaming and what helped you.

Edited by barkbomes9

I never played console. Don't even know how to use the damn control. On the other hand, mouse and keys I'm super quick because I0ve plyed like that all my life.

Regarding the monitor, whatch out. If you go to a 144p 144hz you will have to go for a top graphics too.