Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nixim mod: how long did you have to wait?

8 posts in this topic

I ordered my Nixim mod on July 21... it's now August 1 and I have not heard anything about my order let alone recieved it yet. I got my paypal confirmation re payment, but that's it. I sent an email middle of last week to Nixim to get an estimate of ship time, but still have not heard back from him/them.

Is this normal? How long did others have to wait? Did they communicate at all with you when you ordered?

My Paypal transaction was processed on 07 July. Unfortunately the Nixim mod has yet to arrive and no email correspondence.

I know they had a lot of supply issues at the beginning of July, so we'll see what happens.

I ordered, but not but a few days ago. I know they mentioned getting drained after the review, and also that they're supplier was on a shut down for a week or so on top of that.

I wonder if they decided how to modify that clutch spring and if that will be in the next batch to go out?

I ordered mine on Aug 2 and it arrived Aug 9 (yesterday). Although I am in the UK, so international postage isn't an issue.

Fitted it last night, absolutely transformed it. Braking in iRacing using Skip Barber and especially Williams F1 is so much better. I was braking 30 metres later and no lockups.

Clutch is very stiff to. I may have to alter my position or style.

All in all, the best £21 spent on simracing gear. :D

For me the g27 pedals were worthless before the Nixim mod. It really makes a huge difference. I just need a little more time to dial in the brake curve factor in iracing.

I didn't install the clutch spring. Didn't seem necessary... Should I?