Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V8 supercar question

5 posts in this topic

Ok...I have googled it and can't find an answer...

What is that LOUD horn sound when I enter pit road? I am guessing it is some sort of warning for speeding maybe? I really dig the V8 cars, but I obviously am new to the series and have a lot to learn...it scared the crap outta me the first time...lol (this is in rfactor)

I have no idea what that horn actually is, it might be just that some sort of warning if its only happening entering pitlane. It also could be a trackside sound effect like a fan blowing an airhorn.

In series where crew-members walk from the garages to the pit wall where their pit box is (i.e. Lemans series, F1, etc.) they have loud horns that sound warning the pit crews that a car has entered the pit lane so they wont run across the pit lane. I found a video of V8's that have a sound that serves this purpose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kftPGx6m ... re=related (it sounds like an old phone ringing) but the sound varies from track to track and series to series so the developers just picked the most generic sound they could find. but this is what you are hearing and when you get paddock passes for an alms weekend, you will learn to hate that noise.

Thank God! I was hoping I wasn't going crazy! :D Thanks for the info.

I was a huge Nascar fan a few years back but lost interest when it grew out of it's roots (IMO), so when I stumbled on one of the V8 mods for rfactor I started researching this awesome series in the real world and I'd say I'm pretty well hooked now! Now if I can get the real feel to be as realistic as possible...I'll be happy. Until I find something else to tweak.

Aussie V8 Supercars is a really great Championship providing intense racing. Check this out:

It is currently broadcast on the SPEED Channel in the US, and from 2013, a round will be raced in Austin, Texas, at the new Circuit of the Americas Arena!