Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 has arrived, I'm an iRacing newb again...

3 posts in this topic

My G27 showed up Monday night and I found some time last night to take it for a spin. I upgraded from the DFGT. I have to say that I have loved my DFGT, but I really wanted a shifter and better pedals. So, first impressions with the G27:

Wow, I'm a complete newbie again. I was not the worlds best sim driver by any stretch of the imagination, but I felt competent and comfortable with the DFGT. My first hour with the G27 in iRacing was embarassing. The biggest issue for me is the brake. I'm completely confused by it. It's just vage mushness. I'm messing with the brake scale or whatever it's called, but I have not got that dialed in yet. I think I like it best with it set somewhere between 0 and 0.9 (I already ordered the Nixim mod, but I don't know when that will show up). So anyway, I have a big learning curve to climb to get used to these pedals.

Also, I found the dreaded "dead zone" that I kept hearing about. I've done some reading and I think I need to turn up my FFB settings to 107% and that should help a little. Will adding a little bit of center spring help that numb on-center feel?

I'm sure I'll get settled in with it, but now part of me wonders if I would have been better off with Clubsport pedals and my DFGT wheel... (the grass is always greener right :) ).

Once you get that Nixim mod installed you will absolutely love those pedals.I have CSP's and love them but with all the mods out now I probably would have modded my G25 pedals.I would have installed the new progressive spring Nixim mod and then done this.

http://www.sim-sport.net/index.php?page ... t&Itemid=6

That G27 wheel is getting old now in terms of design and technology but my 4 year old G25 is still going strong,it is my loan out to try iRacing wheel,and a friends G25 is still working great after 5 years or so.

Yes run FFB at 107ish in properties,all the other settings at 0(some people enable center spring) and for iracing set your rotation at 900 degrees.Then do not set your FFB to high in game.For a G27 I wouldn't go over 12.Usually I'm down around 5-9.