Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech G25 Disconnects

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had this issue before. My G25 has been acting up lately. When i play Rfactor the game works fine for 5 min or so and then the wheel gets disconnected, however the green light on the shifter is still on, but non of the buttons, wheel, pedal works untill i unplug the USB cable and plug it back in again. After the wheel will do its rotation for calibrate and the wheel works again for a while untill it disconnects again. The thing i dont understand is that if there was a loose wire if i wiggle the cable it should connect and disconnect but i dont think the issue is from the cable, maybe something is wrong inside the wheel. I contacted Logitech support and they said to recalibrate manually and if the issue exist the wheel is defective. Doese anyone had this issue before and know how to fix it? My reverse gear also dont work but i seen bunch of tutorials that can fix it myself but never found a topic on this connection issue.

Hello. Have you tried un-installing and then re-installing your G25 Drivers? It might be a software conflict on your PC. Usually if anything can go wrong it's with the software (usually, but not always). Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out.

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port? My G27 had the exact same issue. I was about to trash it and swear off Logitech products forever. Then I tried plugging it into a different USB hole and it hasn't done it since. I guess the USB connections inside my PC were burning out.

Try several connections. My pc has three USB plugs on the front and two on the rear. All three on the front are bad.

Thanks guys for the info. I tried the driver uninstall and re-install but that didnt do the trick, also i tried all the ports and its been doing the same on all ports, ps i have a new computer, less than a year old and i never had any issue with any of the ports before. Any other thoughts or suggestion??? I think the reverse gear is common on the G25 so there are lots of guides and youtube videos on how to fix it but my issue is one of a kind :cry:

Did you checked the cable? connect it to the USB, don't run any game, just open the profiler/control panel and twist/bend the cable in all its extension, always the profiler.

+

Run a different sim with a different engine(one that is not gMotor2).

No i havnt tried other sims yet, i'll do that tonight. Interesting is when im not in the game the wheel usually works and never gets disconnected, but when i go to Rfactor after half to hour sometimes more or less the disconnect happens. Really strange so i'll try different sim later and report back