Will this setup work?
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

A week ago I finally ordered the T300RS GT edition to replace my old T100(still works, but it's outdated as f***). Next month I'll add a GT Omega ART with Sparco R100 seat and the TH8A shifter. 

I mostly play DiRT Rally VR on PS4, so I'm looking for a handbrake as well. I'm planning on doing this with another TH8A in sequential mode on USB or the TSS sparco handbrake mod+.

The problem I have tho is that my VR headset and the wheel take up both USB ports, and the PS camera takes up the proprietary USB port on the back of the PS4.

So here's the plan, and I'm curious to see if any of you know if it'll work:

The wheel and the shifter go together, so that's one USB port. The second shifter/handbrake has another USB port. Then the PSVR takes up a third port. I also want to charge my controller without having to disconnect something so that's a 4th port. Will a 2->4 ports USB hub work for this? Or will the PS4 fail to understand all that input through a hub? 

Edited by noiseyMP7

I don't think that will work . Not sure if the PS4 can see more than two usb ports running . You could always purchase a hub try it and if it doesnt work return it. Or cancel your order sell what you have  and purchase a second hand fanatec wheel base and shifter and pedals they all connect to the wheel base so you only use one usb port.

@loser10 I've read the TH8A in sequential mode fixes the "buttons" to the same input as the paddles(R1&L1) when connected to the wheel. While if you put it 8n a seperate USB port it'll work as another device, so a different "L1&R1" button set(so dirt rally also views it as seperate buttons). 

If I drive with a sequential gearbox I want to use the paddles which won't work if one of them is mapped as handbrake

On 11/4/2019 at 3:18 AM, soups said:

I don't think that will work . Not sure if the PS4 can see more than two usb ports running . You could always purchase a hub try it and if it doesnt work return it. Or cancel your order sell what you have  and purchase a second hand fanatec wheel base and shifter and pedals they all connect to the wheel base so you only use one usb port.

I'll try some €5 PS4 hub from aliexpress. If it doesn't work I can always throw it in the trash for that money.