Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sim racing poll on car setup

5 posts in this topic

We just added a new poll on the website trying to find out what part of the car people find most difficult to setup for racing. We are going to bring back some tech tips to the show and will use this poll to decide what topics to cover. Vote now and have say in what we cover on the show.

Answered too fast on the poll. LOL

For me, sway bars take a lot of fiddling but I think I at least manage to improve things. Shocks/springs are even worse since there are so many combinations and possibilities to sort out. Makes it hard to really experiment with, or at least extremely time consuming and with questionable results.

I'd love to see this as a regular segment.

Hmm, rear end lockers and preload...I seem to go just the opposite of what I should. I have somewhat of an understanding, I've run a locker for offroad use. Probably just a driving issue.

How long do you have for this? LOL

I think guide for each aspect of setting up a car in a sim is needed, different people have trouble with different things and all would like help :)

Agreed, guys like me would probably need a bumper to bumper guide of sorts. :shock:

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

I would have to say shocks are one of the trickiest parts of a setup to properly tune. There's such a wide range of adjustments that you can kill an otherwise great setup with the wrong shock adjustment, or make a mediocre setup much better.