?Sim Racing Corner - Sim racing videos?
1 1

49 posts in this topic

RaceRoom - Honda Civic TCR | Brands Hatch Indy
I'm back in RaceRoom after tuning some of my wheel settings to test if they've improved the FFB feel through my Leo Bodnar direct drive wheel. RaceRoom is great but I can imagine the crazy amount of settings can easily put RaceRoom newcomers off. All I can say is persevere, this is an awesome sim once you dialed it all in.

RaceRoom - Mercedes AMG GT3 | Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Just getting in some testing for Sunday's race at Spa. I've been sampling some of the GT3 cars in RaceRoom and the Mercedes AMG GT3 so far has best suited my driving style. But there are a few others I need to check out this week; RaceRoom sports a rather larger GT3 roster, too many choices!

RaceRoom [VR] - Mercedes AMG | Bathurst
Just getting in some final practice for Sunday's endurance race with the 3D Discord guys. I compared my VR and single monitor lap times and seem to be faster in VR, at around 1+ second per lap. This will need further study, and I'm thinking about making a video on this very subject. What do you think?

Edited by Jeremy.Ford

Porsche 991 GT3 R | Brands Hatch | Assetto Corsa Competizione
The long-awaited full release of Assetto Corsa Competizione has arrived. Bask in all it's simming glory my fellow racers. I chose the Porsche and Brands Hatch for my maiden voyage into v1.0 of ACC! What did you pick?

Lexus RC F GT3 ? Silverstone ? Assetto Corsa Competizione
Opinions on Assetto Corsa Competizione have to been extremely divided during early access and since the v1.0 release. But one thing I have to say, the force feedback in Assetto Corsa Competizione through my direct drive wheel is phenomenal; combined with my recently acquired DimSim R1 wheel rim.

Aston Martin AMR V12 Vantage ? Spa Francorchamps ? Assetto Corsa Competizione
I haven't put much time into sim racing this week, but the spare moments I've had have been consumed in ACC. The physics just feel so damn good!

Reiter Lamborghini R-EX GT ? Circuit De Barcelona ?Assetto Corsa Competizione
I can't enough of the incredible force feedback coming from this sim. I can forgive ACC's shortcomings elsewhere when I can feel the brutal power of the car underneath me coming through my direct drive wheel!

Bentley Continental GT3 ? Brands Hatch ? Assetto Corsa Competizione
It's been a miserable week with torrential rain and flooding across parts of the UK, so to cheer up this rainy Sunday afternoon, let's instead embrace the Great British weather with a rain-soaked race at Brands Hatch in the Bentley Continental GT3. Huzzah!

Atlanta Motorsports Park ? IAME X30 ? KartKraft
It's been a while since we've had a significant content patch in KartKraft, and it's come in the guise of this exciting new track. We're still eagerly waiting for online racing. I've had enough of the crazy AI, I'd rather race against crazy pugs!

Super V8 ? Brasilia (Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet) ? Automobilista
For offline racing, Automobilista has the most dynamic realistic AI I've experienced. Where some AI in other sim titles feels on rails, in AMS, races organically develop over the course of the laps as if racing with real people. Amazing stuff!

Tatuus F.3 T318 ?Sebring International Raceway ? rFactor 2
Studio 397 has recently deployed a series of Tatuus open wheelers for free. Download them from the Steam Workshop to add them to rFactor 2. I'm having a 10 minutes race at Sebring, and it's an amazing track in this Formula car. I'm finding it quite the handful navigating this bumpy road coarse!

BMW M8 GTE ?Lime Rock Park ? rFactor 2
I picked up the 50% off car packs in the Steam Summer Sale and this very nice BMW M8 GTE was featured in one of the bundles. In this race the AI was having some difficulty at turn 1 (Big Bend), often at least one car running wide on each lap. Fortunately, it didn't spoil the event, and we still had a good time!

Honda 2&4 Concept ? Oulton Park ? Project Cars 2
This is a cheeky little number, packing 212bhp into its low riding 405kg body. And it's quite a handful that will give you a good wheel sawing workout with its oversteer, understeer and twitchy scares when it just looks at a bump. Good luck out there!

Lynk & Co 03 TCR ? Zhuhai Circuit ? RaceRoom
RaceRoom has just released its 2019 WCTR car pack. To be fair it's mostly a refresh of the 2018 lineup and updated to match the regulations of the season. If you enjoy close racing, touring cars offer some of the best exciting bumpers to bumper action there is!

Edited by Jeremy.Ford

Formula RaceRoom X-17 ? Silverstone ? RaceRoom
After enjoying the epic Silverstone GP on Sunday, I was inspired to have a go myself in the traditional Sim Racing Corner 10-minute quick race format. Amazingly I didn't have any 'Vettel' moments, as these crazy quick cars really stretch my middle age reflexes!

Copa Montana V8 ?  Interlagos ? Automobilista
Copa Montana is a Brazilian Stock Car touring car series that you probably haven't heard of before. That doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a go, as you're missing out on some amazingly close racing action!

Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR [2019] ? Moscow Raceway ? RaceRoom
We're taking another one from RaceRoom's 2019 WTCR pack to the track. This time it's the Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR and the Moscow Raceway track; not a track I'm very familiar with. But seems good for close racing with its abundance of corners.

Flat6 GT3 Cup Car ? Watkins Glen International ? rFactor 2
We're running the Flat6 Series GT3 Cup Car at Watkins Glen International. Both are free Workshop mods for rFactor 2. Mod content can confuse the AI in rF2, and if you watch the race long enough you'll observe a few unforced AI errors, including their tendency to ignore me with few bumps here and there.

DiRT Rally 2.0 [VR] Benchmarked ?Valve Index ? GTX 1080 Ti ? 8700k
The much anticipated VR support for DiRT Rally 2.0 has dropped this very day. We only expected Oculus Rift support, but the Steam version has native HTC Vive and Valve Index support. Yippie!  You may be wondering how well this game runs in VR, so here are a few benchmarks I threw together. Enjoy!