Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanatec GT3 RS Problems

5 posts in this topic

I'm just having all kinds of issues with this game today!!!! Out of the box, everything was working fine, I went to do an iRacing race, and came back, and now I can't shift with my 6 speed or seqential. Not only that, but 5/10 times, the pedals don't work. I can go in and change the assignments, but I've only got "Up Shift" and "Down Shift" even though my "Fanatec Turbo Gated" preset is selected. What gives? How do I reset? JUST WANNA RACE.

What are your settings ?? On the wheel and in the software ? I would go into the Fanatec software and test all functions there, check your connections and see if you can replicate the problem there.. If you can, it's a hardware issue.

Have you tried re-calibrating the shifter?

"There is a calibration procedure you have to go through in order for the 6 spd shifter to work properly.

1)Press the tuning button and the start button together to get the calibration menu to come up. You will see "6_n" on the display

2)Put the shifter in neutral and press start, this calibrates the neutral position.

3)Once you press start you will see "6_r" appear, put the shifter in reverse and press start.

4)Continue this procedure for 1st through 6th gear. Once you have pressed start to calibrate 6th gear, the display should go black, but doesnt always. In this case you will have to turn the wheel off and back on and go through the procedure again until it works."

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm quite certain this is a software related issue. I've played with the calibration on the pedals, wheel and shifter, as well as played with the clubsports in standalone (USB) and ps/2 port, I also reinstalled my 1.07 drivers for the well. Beyond all that, Dirt 3, F1 2010, iRacing and Grand Turismo 5 (PS3) all work flawlessly. I'm really just looking for a config file I can delete, regardless of losing all saves etc, I don't care, to return it to stock and see if that works, or anything along those lines.

Just a quick update in case this happens to anyone else, I was able to go in to my C:\Users\%username%\Need for Speed Unleashed 2\ folder and delete the profile file there. Everything came back (as if I had never played it) and the controls worked fine.