Wanting to build a budget sim racing setup

3 posts in this topic

Hi! Im new to the forums, so please spare me if im doing anything wrong or out of the ordinary. 

I would like to build a budget sim racing set-up for the PS4 for Gran Turismo Sport. What would be a good starting wheel with FFB for PS4? For the pedals, if went with thrustmaster, are the T3PA-PRO pedals really worth the extra $50 over the normal T3PA Pedals? And which shifter is better: the Thrustmaster TH8A or the Logitech shifter? Is the logitech shifer compatible with the thrustmaster wheels? Is the TH8A shifter compatible with the logitech wheels? And finally what would be a good stand to place all of this equipment on to? So all thats going into this set-up is a wheel, pedals, shifter, and stand. If anyone could answer my questions, that would be great! 

Thank you!

Hi there. Logitech and Thrustmaster gear 'is not' compatible with each other. So you'll need to go all Logitech or all Thrustmaster for your wheel, pedals and shifter combination.

The Logitech gear is good for entry level sim racers. It's reliable and budget-friendly. The FFB on the Thrustmaster wheels is better than Logitech. But it's also a bit more expensive. Look at the second-hand market, eBay and local online classified websites. A lot of people are selling Logitech and Thrustmaster setups with wheelstands so you can save quite a bit.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:38 PM, Jeremy.Ford said:

Hi there. Logitech and Thrustmaster gear 'is not' compatible with each other. So you'll need to go all Logitech or all Thrustmaster for your wheel, pedals and shifter combination.

The Logitech gear is good for entry level sim racers. It's reliable and budget-friendly. The FFB on the Thrustmaster wheels is better than Logitech. But it's also a bit more expensive. Look at the second-hand market, eBay and local online classified websites. A lot of people are selling Logitech and Thrustmaster setups with wheelstands so you can save quite a bit.

Thank you for that reply, I appreciate it. I think i might go for this used Thrustmaster T150, as its around $100 at the moment, ill see once the bidding ends tonight.