Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shift 2 Unleashed Steam DLC install

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm wondering how the heck do I install this? I see no options in game, and when I install it via Origin (crap), it just pops up real fast and then disappears. I've tried re-downloading it, etc, to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you make sure to download the right version? I think there were 3 flavors to choose from. Disc, EA Download Service, and Other Download Service. You needed to download the other download service DLC. Other than that, don't know.

You shouldn't have to install anything with the Steam version of Shift 2 Unleashed. The game should update automatically through Steam and the patch along with both DLC's will automatically be installed.

Oh, and by the way, an unintended bonus to having the Steam version - when Steam updates the game, along with the DLC, you get a different version of the patch that includes some stuff that was taken out of the other versions of patch 2 for PC. You get the new 'Max' graphics options and a couple new anti-aliasing settings that Slightly Mad Studios included in the patch that was submitted to Electronic Arts, but EA made them take the options out because they didn't want to spend the time testing them. Somehow, the version that made it to Steam still includes some of the stuff that SMS was told by EA to remove. It is the only version of patch 2 to include these features.

I think the patch was pushed through by Steam, but I don't think the Steam update includes the DLC. I downloaded the DLC through Origin and installed it and still retained the Max settings and extra AA options from the Steam update.