A couple of very basic connection questions
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I've decided to build a sim racing platform.  My current package is.  An RSeat N1 chassis.  A Sim Racing Bay SimuCube DD package.  Heusinkveld or HPP simulatons pedals, whichever becomes available first.  I purchased the Fanatec adapter for the Mige motor and the Sim Racing Machines wheel side Fanatec conversion kit.  I haven't purchased a rim yet but I'll likely use a Fanatec Porsche 918 wheel.  I'm also thinking about a Fanatec Clubsport Shifter v1.5.  I'm coming from a life long Mac experience and jumping into the PC world without much prep.  I've downloaded and looked at the Manuals for each of the devices but I still don't have a clear idea of how all these peripherals connect physically.  Can I simply plug my Heusinkveld pedals and my Fanatec rim and shifter into the computer via a USB hub and expect them to be recognized?  Or do they need to go into and through the SimuCube to work properly.

Any clarification would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Stanley

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I've decided to build a sim racing platform.  My current package is.  An RSeat N1 chassis.  A Sim Racing Bay SimuCube DD package.  Heusinkveld or HPP simulatons pedals, whichever becomes available first.  I purchased the Fanatec adapter for the Mige motor and the Sim Racing Machines wheel side Fanatec conversion kit.  I haven't purchased a rim yet but I'll likely use a Fanatec Porsche 918 wheel.  I'm also thinking about a Fanatec Clubsport Shifter v1.5.  I'm coming from a life long Mac experience and jumping into the PC world without much prep.  I've downloaded and looked at the Manuals for each of the devices but I still don't have a clear idea of how all these peripherals connect physically.  Can I simply plug my Heusinkveld pedals and my Fanatec rim and shifter into the computer via a USB hub and expect them to be recognized?  Or do they need to go into and through the SimuCube to work properly.

Any clarification would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Stanley

Hi there. They will plug into your PC as separate USB devices, and recognised by the PC as individual controllers, just like a mouse, keyboard, joystick etc.