Entry Level Gloves???
2 2

10 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

Personally, I don't think you need to spend loads on 'real' racing gloves for sim racing. Check out 'Mechanix' gloves on Amazon, these are really good and last.

https://www.mechanix.com/us-en/fastfit-wolf-grey-tactical-gloves

Now that you mention it, I actually own a pair of mechanix impact gloves; never thought of using them for that purpose. The impacts wouldn't be too great for racing(flexible but not enough and not too comfortable for long periods of time) but I'll have to give those tactical gloves you linked a shot, especially for ~$15!

Are you going to wear a fire proof racing suit as well as a proper FIA certified Helmet? If not.. I’d say go with some cheaper mountain Biking gloves. I’d personally recommend some Mechanix, as stated by the gentleman above. 

2 minutes ago, SLiMtendo said:

Are you going to wear a fire proof racing suit as well as a proper FIA certified Helmet? If not.. I’d say go with some cheaper mountain Biking gloves. I’d personally recommend some Mechanix, as stated by the gentleman above. 

Lol no, I just need something comfortable that will protect the grips on the wheel, and that isn't so cheap that they disintegrate after a while.I'll give the Mechanix a go, and if they don't work out, I'll try your suggestion of biking gloves. Thanks!

On 3/16/2019 at 8:17 AM, BattleGear said:

im using oneal afterburner mtb gloves... they are cheap, not as hot as carting gloves and looks great...

ONeal-Jump-Afterburner-Glove-2016_ml.jpg

You got me thinking about a new pair of gloves and I found a pair of o'neal mtb gloves eBay super cheap. They are really good, and I took them out for a spin.

Edited by Jeremy.Ford

I use the f33l gloves. They are perfect. They are light and have touch pads so you can use your phone while wearing them. They are like 30 bucks and definitely worth it.