Advice for noob looking at 1st sim rig
2 2

43 posts in this topic

Took me 2years, I got a win in the ma,da rookie series but this was what really made it all worth while, practice and training is the key. Get on YouTube and start watching the big boys, Nikki think is fun, he's the Aston Martin endurance driver and he takes us all with him, when he's not real world racing he's iRacing

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickiThiim?app=desktop

I've given you a lot to digest, it's brekkie time here so give us a shout if you wanna know owt, I'm always about and you can normally catch Krassi and jeremy.ford.one more thing, get signed to playgasmcom, its brand new but about to take off!

http://playgasm.com

Edited by fil140

16 minutes ago, fil140 said:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickiThiim?app=desktop

I've given you a lot to digest, it's brekkie time here so give us a shout if you wanna know owt, I'm always about and you can normally catch Krassi and jeremy.ford.one more thing, get signed to playgasmcom, its brand new but about to take off!

http://playgasm.com

Thanks mate - holy shit!!!! I just watched your video attachment - my palms are sweating! The heart rate was high and that was just watching - I can only imagine driving the fecking thing! Thanks for all your advice. It is a lot to digest, but once I build the thing, I will be getting started online ASAP.  Cheers ?

Just now, Beef36 said:

I'm curious. 

Why are you getting 3 Buttkickers and where will you place them?  Did Trak Racer give you any advice on what type, how and where to mount the Buttkickers onto their chassis?

Mate, it was a rig I was looking at that has since sold.  Thanks to you I looked deeper into the NL rig and decided on the Track Racer RS6 Mach 2 rig.  The seller had one buttkicker located centrally under the seat and the 2 LFE's mounted either side of the base of the seat mount.  As for Trak Racer advice - no they did offer any, as I didn't ask, although I will be ordering the buttkicker mount upgrade kit, which appears to mount on the base at the rear of the chassis.

1 minute ago, Beef36 said:

Give Trak Racer a call and ask them advice on what Buttkickers to get.  I think their standard mount fits a BK Gamer, but they may have suggestions on where else to mount Buttkickers. 

If possible I recommend mounting them at least on the back or bottom of your seat, because that way the vibrations go straight into your body rather than be diluted across the sim rig.

You might also mount a Buttkicker to the pedals.  SimVibe might support up to perhaps 6 Buttkickers, although you'd need more amplifiers and sound card and might be overkill. 

Regardless Trak Racer know all about SimVibe and can advise you.

Thanks mate - I am in touch with them and Matt has been really helpful.  I'm looking forward to just getting started ?

oh, on tranducers, your best 2 choices for software are simvibe, bit pricey but very reliable and easy to use, simhub is very cheap with just a donators license but it has a lot of components and pre configured games including a wind sim option, its great for vr.

i use simvibe to run aura transducers as opposed to buttripoffs, and for amps, ive been using 3 lil piss cheap lyping amps from amazon to run the 6x50watt auras which shake my fillings out and ive run them on full chat for 2 years with no overheats or cut outs, you can actually run up to 8 with 4 of those amps but youll need to be able to either use your mobo for 2 of them or better still, buy 2 asus xonar soundcards, again theyre as cheap as chips.I also run 2 windsim fans using simhub on 100% at the same time.

if you need more detailed info on setting up tranducers withut spending a lot then im here with impartial advice, trust me, 6 is not overkil, its great because you can send different effects to different perts of your rig......

ie, i have rear traction loss vibration in my seat back with a lil road noise, gear shifts and engine vibration.

under my seat i have big road bumps and engine vibration with vertical surges.

on each of the four corners of my rig i have different independent suspension effects.(when one wheel dips off track or one side of the car goes over rumble strips)

12 hours ago, fil140 said:

if you need more detailed info on setting up tranducers withut spending a lot then im here with impartial advice, trust me, 6 is not overkil, its great because you can send different effects to different perts of your rig......

ie, i have rear traction loss vibration in my seat back with a lil road noise, gear shifts and engine vibration.

under my seat i have big road bumps and engine vibration with vertical surges.

on each of the four corners of my rig i have different independent suspension effects.(when one wheel dips off track or one side of the car goes over rumble strips)

Again, thanks so much for all this info.  Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but it was bedtime in Melbourne Town in the land of Oz.  I am now looking up the websites re: transducers, etc.  Shite - I'm already up to 7k+ spend.  I may have to stage this, but I do like the idea of feeling the experience.  BTW, on VR - yours was continually dropping out / freezing during the race you sent me ?. I think I'll stick to triples for now.

I would love some info on setting up the transducers - the more I look at them, the more I think I NEED them.  I have been watching some youtube videos on them and I definitely think it's the way to go.

Edited by Dinkum

On 3/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, fil140 said:

Also check out @Jeremy.Ford SIM Racing Corner on YouTube for some good advice, let's support our boy cos he's too modest to mention it himself and he's a much better presenter than will marsh!

Thanks for the shout out fella, I'm truly humbled. I appreciate the support.?

mate! no need to be humbled, you're the one providing the service in your own time at your own expense, we are the beneficiaries of your cool chanel and comedy cats! if you know anything about me its that i don't blow smoke or play nice guy, we need more people like you in our community why has noone else ever thought simracing+cats? 

ooh, one tiny critical question, why no iRacing content?

24 minutes ago, fil140 said:

mate! no need to be humbled, you're the one providing the service in your own time at your own expense, we are the beneficiaries of your cool chanel and comedy cats! if you know anything about me its that i don't blow smoke or play nice guy, we need more people like you in our community why has noone else ever thought simracing+cats? 

ooh, one tiny critical question, why no iRacing content?

Thanks man, I suppose you're right. I do spend an awful amount of time making the videos. It's time well spent, I like the welcoming attitude of the sim racing community so I wanted to make my own contribution. To be fair the sim cats is their idea, videobombing when they fancy interrupting me. I just let them get on with it.

I haven't got around to getting into iRacing properly. About 3-4 years back I did try it out on a cheap promo 3-month stint, but I wasn't big on online racing at the time. It's on the cards to give it another bash. I try to be quite broad on the sim racing content, so it fits in adding iRacing the roster. But at the same time it's trying not to be spread too thinly. I don't have a grand plan on content, it's just ideas that seem good at the time at the time be honest and I go with it.

high end racing pedal review, new to iracing series, a day in the life of the simcatz and a comparative explanation of racing games,simcade racers and simulators......................give the people what they want jezza!!!

Edited by fil140

15 minutes ago, fil140 said:

high end racing pedal review, new to iracing series, a day in the life of the simcatz and a comparative explanation of racing games,simcade racers and simulators......................give the people what they want jezza!!!

Hang on, I'm just writing this all down...'scribble'...'scribble'... ?

Oh well if you're taking notes then I have more!....................ok, do you do nudes? Or at least topless? Haha, that just made me think of a tagline.........simracingcorner, the place to go for pussy!

Edited by fil140

23 minutes ago, fil140 said:

Oh well if you're taking notes then I have more!....................ok, do you do nudes? Or at least topless? Haha, that just made me think of a tagline.........simracingcorner, the place to go for pussy!

This is the place you're thinking about...