Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaning DFGT Pedals?

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

First time poster on these boards, however I've been watching Sim Racing Tonight for a long time.

I have a DFGT wheel (used on PC, and pleasantly surprised by how many DFGT posts there are)

but as everyone says, the pedals are rubbish! My gas works great, however the brake pedals is getting very, very flakey, and I havent cleaned it in forever.

Does anyone have a general how to on how to take these things apart and clean them?

Thanks in advance!

-Eric

If you can get to the potentiometer, you can try spraying some contact cleaner in it. Another option is to try and find a set of stand alone pedals since you are on the PC.

Clubsports are awesome and can make your sim racing experience come to life. Pedals are one of, if not the most important ingrediant to sim racing, especially when needing to brake a lot.

hey "The Game 310" really gr8 question m8,I really would not recommend taking apart your "DFGT" unless you happen to be very tech savvy & a "Mr Fix it" kind of guy..[ya know,like Shaun "The Saw" Cole :lol: ] I really LOVE the Logitech "DFGT" and think it's an amazing wheel for the money,and while I know the Pedals are less then stellar,I Never once have felt at a disadvantage while racing against other guys using "G27's","Fanatecs" or any other wheel for that matter,it seems though,that the "DFGT" is prone to a LOT of "Brake Problem" Issues..brakes "Sticking" or working intermittently seems to be quite common Unfortunately~However there are a few things you may want to try,one is using a Vacuum with the baseboard adaptor [ya know that long slender thingamajig that fits on the end of the hose] and slide it VERY gently into the brake and gas holes in the pedal base,I do this at least once a week,and you would be Amazed at all the filth that accumulates inside those wells,I have 3 dogs and 2 cats,and I suck enough FUR out of those wells to make a complete whole other critter!so basically just keep em as clean as you can man,the other thing you can try if your brake still seems to be "Sticking" ~is the "Poor mans" "DFGT Brake Mod" and as silly as this seems,it WORKS GR8! and that is to use a NEW kitchen sponge,one that has never got wet works best~place it either in front of the pedal or in the back,depends on the size of the sponge and how you want to rig it more or less,basically all this does,is to keep the brake pedal UP,and keeps the brakes from always being engaged,if you are always having to lift up on your brake pedal with the tip of your toes because the brakes are always on just a wee bit [or a LOT in some cases] the ole sponge trick works like a champ;) Hope this helps man,and best of luck,cheers.