Cheaper alternative to fanatec universal hub?

6 posts in this topic

I have had a csl elite wheel for a while now, and now that I have some free time I have just started work on a sim rig so I no longer have to clamp the wheel to my desk. Anyways with this upgrade I was hoping to upgrade from the standard wheel to something a bit more realistic, unfortunately the universal wheel hub is a bit out of my price range. Is there a cheaper alternative to connect a wheel?. It doesn’t have to have all the buttons that the universal hub has either but that would be a nice extra. 

Edited by Proto

5 hours ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

There's no alternative, the wheelbase needs the electronics from either a connected Fanatec wheel or the Uni hub to work. There's no workaround.

Wow I'm surprised no one has made an alternative considering Fanatec's solution is very overpriced. 

21 hours ago, Proto said:

Wow I'm surprised no one has made an alternative considering Fanatec's solution is very overpriced. 

It's not a simple task when you consider the proprietary quick release and connector in the base and having to replicate that. Then backward engineering the electronics to understand and program something to fool the base that a Fanatic wheel is connected. Really I don't imagine a third-party universal hub alternative could be cheaper.

Edited by Jeremy.Ford

16 hours ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

It's not a simple task when you consider the proprietary quick release and connector in the base and having to replicate that. Then backward engineering the electronics to understand and program something to fool the base that a Fanatic wheel is connected. Really I don't imagine a third-party universal hub alternative could be cheaper.

I guess my only option for slightly reduced price is a used one. Thanks for letting me know.