Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monte Carlo DLC

7 posts in this topic

Hey all just picked up the Monte Carlo tracks for Dirt 3 DLC, apparently available for all platforms. I still have trouble with the idea that slicing up one 4 min track into several and adding reverse options constitutes multiple tracks but anyway. So from my point of view this brings the number of (full) rally tracks to 5. So there is still more rally content in Dirt 2, very disappointing.

But boy it is it a beauty of a stage. A windy twisting mountain track that is one lane for much of the way. Nothing is more adrenaline pumping than driving off a cliff in a narrow fast section. It also looks gorgeous. They have integrated the track into the Dirt 3 career, making it a lot more balanced. You will be able to progress further through the career without having to rely on the other type of events to garner points.

So if you are thinking of picking this one up I would say its a definite buy. Hopefully they release more DLC tracks as this is the first and only racing game I have ever seen to do this.

I'm interested in getting this DLC, but I do think that it is overpriced for what you get. I like supporting Codemasters and I like most of their games. I have bought Dirt 2 in various forms and for friends 5 times over. I think their full games are a great value, but $10 for a few variations on a short track is just too much. If and when it goes on sale, I will probably pick it up. As much as I would like to buy it anyway, as $10 is not a lot of money, I don't like sending the message that an ever upward trending price on DLC packs is alright with me.

I would also like to see them take the opportunity with their DLC to cater a little more to the serious racers and put in some much longer courses. If the Monte Carlo track was twice as long and offered 1/2, 3/4, and full course runs that were 10m long or so, while also breaking it up into shorter variants, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I get where you are coming from "GoCart Death"..I Honestly do,I would LOVE to see a full run 10m course myself..but 10 bucks is pretty reasonable,and from what Ive been hearing about the "Monte Carlo" DLC tracks,it seems Codemasters [as always] did a bang up job on them,and I personally can not wait to check em out!so YA,Im there man!cheers and gr8 racing.

The Monte Carlo DLC should have been included in the retail package. It is definitely the best Rally course in Dirt 3 but I wish the stages were longer or you had the option to race multiple stages straight after each other to create a longer stage.

I also downloaded the Lancia Delta S4 which should have been included in the retail package as well.

The whole game barely has enough track content to have a pathetic rally yet they charge you more money for another very short track that had to be included in the game in the first place.

It is sad. I want to get all the stages from WRC uncut. That's right, 26km+ stages from all over the world. No rallycross, gymkhanna, or other crap. I want a proper rally simulator with full sized stages. And three day events like in real WRC. You could start in a $500.00 bmw m3 like Bill Caswell and work your way up through the ranks. It would be a great game. Too bad it doesn't exist.