Selling 3dof motion simulator
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I've got an amazing design of a new motion rig modelled in ACAD, ready to be built.

It would be very expensive so it would be pretty crazy if I got started on it without selling my current one.

Have a look at the ad in case you're interested:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clontarf/other-video-games-consoles/3dof-motion-racing-simulator/1181647468

I'd be quite happy to sell it without monitor stand as well in case you use VR.

Price(s) in AU$. I'd ship it everywhere, but shipping costs would come on top.

I'm very happy with it...so no probs if it doesn't sell.

P1010038 lres.jpg

Edited by Thirsty

On 11/26/2018 at 12:15 AM, dynt said:

Bit confused how you get to the money your asking.

Yeah, I may not get the money. It's a lot, I know.

Look at these guys here: https://www.cxcsimulations.com/purchase/

The racer starts at US$60400. Mine costs US$26750.

I can only judge it from my perspective...many opinions out there...what I like others may consider as crap.

I put it like that, if you had this CXC Racer, basic version for 60k in immaculate condition and offered me changing it for mine I would decline. If you offered let's say $10000 on top I would decline as well. Same thing with any other seat mover. That may tell you how much I like my rig. If you said, I wouldn't even pay 10k for this rig I'm selling because the CXC Racer or a Simx stage 5 was so much better...fine, I've got no problem with that...and I respect your opinion of course :-)

It's a unique rig...if there's someone who likes it and has the funds it may sell. I'm very relaxed about this. I know how much time, effort and money would go into the project I'm considering to get started on and I do like doing sim racing more than that.

Actually, I decided to finally install the 4 K-woon VWS-100N transducers, 2 apms and the Asus Xonar Phoebus soundcard I bought about 2 years ago. The stuff has been lying around since then, because I was just too lazy getting in the garage and weld up some brackets. So it's really time getting that sorted...think I may put a harness on springs on it as well.

Edited by Thirsty

It is difficult to understand why some people feel the need to make snide remarks about this advert. I get that YOU might believe it is overpriced, but I really don’t get the ‘intent’ of these posts. What exactly are you trying to achieve other than attempting to undermine another member’s attempt sell their equipment?

The OP has very clearly explained his reasoning behind the pricing and has also acknowledged that it is expensive. It doesn’t take much to see that Thirsty is a long standing member and a valuable contributor to the forums. Perhaps that is what you could aim for too, instead of taking underhanded shots at someone trying to sell their gear.