New- Looking to set up a whole kit

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been playing Real Racing4 on my iphone for 2 years and its time to do up a rig now 😎

I have a budget of about 4k. I plan on going with PC and Onculus VR, (want to do Assetto Corsa Competizione) and can have a gaming PC custom built cheap. I GF runs a computer hardware co so I have that covered.

So now I am need a frame, steering/pedal kit. and a monitor (if I plan on racing with it or other games)

Is the force steering worth it, and how do I get some motion experience economically (or attempt to)

Any suggestions?  

Alright dude here's my two cent. Racing between mobile and a sim is mega different so be ready to be the worse racer ever. Good news though: with practice comes perfection. And with your budget? You're gonna have a lot of fun practicing. If you want to start a no nonsense rig right away instead of upgrading in the near future then you're going to have to wait on the later listed. FFB (Force Feed Back) steering is the pentacle of sim racing. If you don't have that than you're not doing it right. FFB provides realistic feel and improves the sensation of driving immensely. If you skipped out on this than your rig would suffer greatly. Going VR is going to eat up some of the budget that could go to better pedals, frame, and shifter. The motion sensor would have to wait. They have "butt kickers" but as far as I'm tracking the best experience is from a post system. Even those seem over rated for the money. I would wait out on that until you find out more info. Definitely start out with a quality wheel, pedals, shifter, and frame though. You'll blow people away and set blazing laptops with the right stuff. Good luck !